Switch Account

NEW HD Channels

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

NEW HD Channels

Message 1 of 30
(6,562 Views)

When is Verizon FiOS planning on adding some NEW HD channels?

Joe was here
29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: NEW HD Channels

Message 2 of 30
(6,506 Views)

Verizon has been telling us that BBC America is next on the list - for 2 years in a row. Don't hold your breath. I left TW expecting that some of the HD channels I left behind would be added soon; but nooooooo.

Richard

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 30
(6,500 Views)

Probably when directv or dish adds some new hd channels of significance.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 4 of 30
(6,421 Views)

Or when pigs fly. (Though I'm willing to bet they'll add yet another sports channel before that.)

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 30
(6,404 Views)

MSG 2 HD!!! for NYC

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 6 of 30
(6,336 Views)

For those of you with kids, Disney Jr the Channel will be available:

Verizon FiOS will offer Disney Junior, the channel in your area.

As of March 23, 2012, your family will be able to tune in to Disney Junior, the channel. Come back in March for additional details. In the meantime, join our Facebook page, or click here to find out more about Disney Junior on TV - our shows and schedule.

This is according to http://www.disneyjuniorthechannel.com/

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 7 of 30
(6,308 Views)

Great Disney!! Where kids make tons of money for the people that exploit them, and show little about the real world. You can tell I am not a fan.Smiley Mad HD2 would be much better. But I have been waiting for BBC America for a very long time! Comcast has BBC America in HD, and since Verizon has been sucking up to them so much, you would think we would have it too.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 8 of 30
(6,232 Views)

@prisaz wrote:

Great Disney!! Where kids make tons of money for the people that exploit them, and show little about the real world. You can tell I am not a fan.Smiley Mad HD2 would be much better. But I have been waiting for BBC America for a very long time! Comcast has BBC America in HD, and since Verizon has been sucking up to them so much, you would think we would have it too.

So the next HD channel to be added is a Disney channel, well to quote the Churchlady "ISN'T THAT SPECIAL"!!!!!!!!!  Gee, still NO BBCA-HD or Cartoon-HD amazing. Comcast has them now, as much as I hate to say it (because I do dislike Comcast), my contract ends in October, I'll really have to weigh my options then.

Also just more proof that all this VOTING nonsense the Mods keep pushing is an utter waste of time. I do believe BBCA-HD is up to almost 350 votes. Obviously those votes mean nothing.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 9 of 30
(6,228 Views)
I would rather see more hd. I don't understand why a channel like NASA tv is not offered either. That is free.

Go figure.
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 10 of 30
(6,205 Views)

The poor way Verizon rolled out FIOS in Bethelhem, NY, and the poor way Verizon has followed through on its obligation to update its HD offerings is proof positive that Verizon needs a new management team. There will be a wholesale switch back to Time Warner Cable if things don't change very fast. More cartoons; gerrrrrr.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.