NFL NETWORK
crawdadusa
Enthusiast - Level 1
Its Friday nite and all of a sudden NFL NETWORK disapears from my channel lineup. What gives????
0 Likes
Re: NFL NETWORK
GeekGirl
I was debating whether to start the now seeming annual "does Verizon know how to handle local blackout" thread, but this is as good a spot as any. I don't know your location, but I'm in the Philly area, served by the Philadelphia VHO.

I started watching the Eagles vs. Steelers game on NFL-HD (channel 828). It was in standard def (SD - 4:3 aspect) and had the local Steelers announcers. Not in HD? Go figure. At least the announcers were good. The wrong team for me, but much better than the yokels they put on the Eagles TV Network. I was swapping with the Phillies vs. Pirates (nice coincidence, huh) on Comcast Sportsnet HD on 829. Tried to do an audio sync with WYSP 94.1 FM to get my Merril Reese and Mike Quick audio feed, but the delay it wasn't worth it.

After about 20 minutes, the channel just flat out disappeared. IMG said "Unable to tune to channel". I then went to local WPVI-DT (814) and there they were in full HD. The IMG had local programming with no hint of the Eagles whatsoever. That's why I went with the NFL-HD. Now I had to deal with those local yokel Eagle TV Network announcers. I muted the audio and turned up WYSP FM. It's better to put up with the several seconds of delay between video and FM broadcast than suffer with those announcers.

Verizon has never handled local blackouts correctly. They just drop the channel. To add insult to injury, they never updated the IMG to show the Eagles game on WPVI-DT at 7:30 PM. I guess somebody forgot to kill it at 7:30 PM.

Is there anyone at Verizon who can properly do a local blackout? All you guys need to do is insert a static graphic that says "local coverage is not available due to blackout restrictions" or some such wording. Don't kill the channel, that causes a lot of customers wondering what's wrong with Verizon service. Comcast has no problems to put up a graphic. Why can't Verizon?
Message Edited by GeekGirl on 08-08-2008 06:55 PM
0 Likes
Crystal
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NFL NETWORK IN DC AREA??  WE WERE WATCHING IT THIS MORNING (Sat 8/9) AND IT DISAPPEARED TONIGHT!
0 Likes
kellbell23
I'm in the DC area too and it's stll not working at 12:31am! What gives?
0 Likes