Re: NHL Center Ice - Verizon Fios
rangerschick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is the deal! ANYBODY that wants to watch the free preview you must call FIOS and have them add the package to your account. Then you have to call them by October 19th to cancel so you don't get charged unless you want to keep it. That is **bleep** but I did it now lets hope it comes on. Still don't have the channel showing up.

0 Likes
redwingszetty40

wow doesnt surprise me one bit that they made it that way. Really unfortunate. I switched form TWC earlier this year and not once did i ever have to go through this small run around for it. It was just there. I'll see if my patience can withstand the phonecall tomorrow, I won't do it now because now i'm consumed with the caps and hawks pre game. 

0 Likes
rangerschick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never had to deal with this when I had TWC, like you said it was just there. I see no reason why you can't order it online and just cancel by the 19th. Doing me no good right now though because it's still not coming on so I still can't watch The Habs and Leafs game. When you added a channel with TWC it came on instantly, already friggin annoyed lol.

0 Likes
HouseRulz1

I just went ahead and subscribed online. After payment and a reboot I was informed that my set-top box was not compatible and I have to order a new one. So no HD while I wait for the new box (There goes my watch party for Thursday), and I am going to have to wipe my DVR. 

As a sports fan, I am totally unimpressed with FiOS thus far. 

0 Likes
rangerschick
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is ridiculous. How can you box not be compatible? Don't feel bad, I am still not getting my Center Ice channels and have rebooted several times. Probably won't come on till tomorrow. So watching the Hawks ceremony and game instead.

0 Likes
rangerschick
Enthusiast - Level 3

WHOHOO, got it finally just came on. But I just missed coach's corner Smiley Mad

0 Likes
djnva

Online support just told me that to get the NHL Preview I'd need a certain type of premium service, like HBO, Showtime, or NFL Network. When I told them I get all of them, they said I need SUBCRIPTION SERVICE: NHL. When I asked what that gets me, they said that gets me Center Ice.

So, I need to pay for Center Ice to get the free preview of Center Ice? That doesn't make sense.

I hope they're prepared for my phone call tomorrow.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@djnva wrote:

Online support just told me that to get the NHL Preview I'd need a certain type of premium service, like HBO, Showtime, or NFL Network. When I told them I get all of them, they said I need SUBCRIPTION SERVICE: NHL. When I asked what that gets me, they said that gets me Center Ice.

So, I need to pay for Center Ice to get the free preview of Center Ice? That doesn't make sense.

I hope they're prepared for my phone call tomorrow.

Just some confusion there.  However, at least for some of the HD channels, you do need a MPEG-4 box (Motorola 7xxx or Cisco STB).

0 Likes
Veddersongs1980

right, but there is no way for someone in Philadelphia (Abington) to actually pay and get MSG, right?

0 Likes
Nyne
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what I was told, although I have none of those Premium channels. I think they just use it as a convenient upsell opportunity.

If you find anything out, please share. I am a bit hesitant to go the sign up and cancel route as I don't want to get stuck with it. Legitimately trying to try it out to even see if I'd watch enough to warrant the cost.

In the worst case there is always HockeyStreams.

0 Likes