Re: NHL Center Ice
Bzal11221

What's up with the guide on the HD feeds.  There is no information on what game  is on those channels and I don't understand what the in demand channel guide that is posted on some of the channels means in regards to The fios channels. It says channel 1 2 3 4 ect ect ect.  Bayou would think Verizon could at least fix the **bleep** guide to show what game is on what channel instead of having to search through them to figure it out on your own.

0 Likes
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

When because I checked at 6:30 and it still wasn't there.

0 Likes
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

Nope.  10:16 Dallas Stars and it doesn't not come in.  Yet the game is almost over.  It's false advertising.  The screen says NHL Center Ice/MLB Extra Innings, Press ok to order, Press C for more info.  If you have already subscribed to this channel press B to troubleshoot.

0 Likes
descendents1

I'm watching the Blues Preds game right now in HD with no issues. I'm not a subscriber. I'm in Maryland.

0 Likes
crawjo

Does anybody know why there are only 5 HD channels for NHL Center Ice? Last year I subscribed to the package through Time Warner and got almost every game in HD. Having fewer games in HD is a major drawback....hockey really benefits from HD. Is there any chance that we can get Verizon to add more HD channels?

0 Likes
the_nole

last year was only 2 HD channels

0 Likes
Cruncher

Last year it was 5; the year before it was only 2. I used to anticipate watching my home team, that is until I realized Verizon was only providing us with a fraction of the HD channels available. The reason we can know this is In Demand designates when games are only available in SD broadcasts.

I refuse to buy NHL CI any more until we are given access to all 14 HD channels. It's their loss. Same for all the In Demand packages, while we're on the topic (although a previous poster was right, baseball doesn't suffer as much from an SD broadcast...)

0 Likes
Woolly2Go
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could not handle all the SD games so I dropped CI in favor of NHL Gamecenter, which is all HD. If Verizon ever offers all the games in HD then I will go back, but not before. 

I also heard that Direct TV also offers more games in HD, but I don't know for sure. 

I am a serious hockey fan, and the poor quality of the picture in SD is just not acceptable.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes