NHL Network and NHL Center Ice
defense11
Enthusiast - Level 1
I've seen several threads about problems with NHL Network and NHL Center Ice. I'm just adding my two cents that I signed up for Verizon Fios after being told that these channels would be available but they are not available - I can't even purchase NHL Center Ice as an extra service for some unexplained technical issue about being an HD customer while NHL Center Ice can only be viewed on a standard receiver. No one has any idea why I can't get NHL Network even though it is advertised as available in my region (South/Central Jersey). I am very disappointed with the service for not having these promised channels (I told them these channels were my only essential requirements) and contemplated canceling but they offered me an incentive to stay when I called to cancel. The worst of it is that there is no means for them to contact me if the issue is ever resolved, apparently I'm just supposed to keep calling until one magical day they say we're ready to accept your order for NHL Center Ice.
0 Likes
Re: NHL Network and NHL Center Ice
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

You mean they aren't telling you to buy the Sports package? It is an extra $7.99/mo I think?

I know I asked about it last mo. and that is what they told me. Upstate NY gets it free,

but most of the boro's (Bronx incl.) are considered Downstate. So we don't get them for free.

If we want them we have to pay. IMO that sucks. But since outsde of the NHL much of the Sports

are college I am not interested.

0 Likes
Re: NHL Network and NHL Center Ice
defense11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can give an update, but things aren't any better. I now can watch NHL Networks, but only if I sign up for the Sports Package, even though all of my advertising said it was a standard channel. Verizon just mailed me new channel guide that says NHL Network will be coming soon, obviously not true since I'm watching it but only with an extra fee for channels I don't want to want. NHL Center Ice is still not available for me. The new channel guide says it is limited availability. Maybe limited means if I return to my Comcast service when I could watch NHL Center Ice as promised.

Verizon consistently overpromises and undelivers.

0 Likes