NOT GETTING MOST OF THE HD CHANNELS...
snp

For the last couple of days I am not getting some of the HD channels supposedly to be a part of the Essential package like - TNT HD, TBS HD, ESPN HD, FOX HD !!! I called customer service and was kept on hold for more than 30 minutes - to no effect !!!!

Earlier I got my connection on 3rd July..but for some unknown reasons all my channels were taken off for 2-3 days from July 20th onwards...the reason they mentioned was some authorization problem - Anyway, they bought a new set top box with DVR enabled on July 26th without my request and installed it - said some channels are free for 3 months - which ones I still don't know ! Moreover, I stopped getting the regular HD channels I used to get earlier - I don't know what's happening...this is really ridiculous !!!

0 Likes
Re: NOT GETTING MOST OF THE HD CHANNELS...
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1

The HD Essentials package is ONLY your locals in HD.  If you want all of the other HD channels you listed you have to change to the Extreme HD package.

The 3 month free offer is for all of the HBO and CInemax HD channels.

0 Likes
snp
I checked - I am not getting any of the HBO or Cinemax channels either. I don't have a clue of what plan they signed me up for - I just want the basic triple plan (TV+Phone+Internet)...but its all very confusing now - how do I find out what channels I am supposed to get...even the Essentials Plan show these channel in their lineup
0 Likes
snp

Please check the channel lineup available with Essential Package : http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/ChannelLineup.htm?zipCode=10044 - the channels I mentioned are 551,552 and 553 - those were present when my service started - went off air suddenly - any ideas ?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

NY is different from most of the country. Everywhere except NY will only get those channels as part of Extreme HD.  NY gets them in the essentials package.

Having said that....what do you get on your screen when you turn to those channels?

"Currently unavailable" means that the signal comming in is the problem.  Call Tech support.

"Not subscribed" means that there is likely something wrong with the package or the STB's need to be refreshed with the proper packages.  Call CS and make sure you have the right packages, if so call tech support.

0 Likes