NTV Bangla Channel
Javelin1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon FIOS TV needs to carry the NTV Bangla channel. Currently it is only found on Dish Network, and thousands of people originally from Bangladesh are not switching from Dish Network to Verizon because this channel is not carried by Verizon. Several of my friends and I are not switching because of this reason. There are several Bangladeshi channels, but NTV Bangla is the most popular of them all. Hopefully this request will be considered.

Re: NTV Bangla Channel
johncougar
Enthusiast - Level 3

just curious where in verizons footprint is there a big bangladeshnian community?

0 Likes
mmasud

Typically in metropolitan areas you will find large Bangladeshi communities.  In New York City particularly, there is a very big community which spans not just Bangladeshi Bangalis/Bengalis, but also Indian Bengalis.  I'm sure a company as big as Verizon would understand the ethnic diversity of the region and the significance of an untapped niche.

0 Likes
nabil_ahmed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Reply to johncougar:

yes large communities of Bengalis/Bangladeshis or Bangla-speaking people exist around major metropolitan areas but lately a significant number of Bengalis are living in smaller metros as well.  I'm originally from Upstate New York and there were a number of Bengali (East and West Bengal) families living there.  I'm sure it's the same in other jurisdictions in Kansas, Texas and Minnesota.

I think the reason why many of us are annoyed is due to Verizon not listening or lacking a response to our complaint.  It's extremely Man Frustrated frustrating.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Javelin wrote:

Verizon FIOS TV needs to carry the NTV Bangla channel. Currently it is only found on Dish Network, and thousands of people originally from Bangladesh are not switching from Dish Network to Verizon because this channel is not carried by Verizon. Several of my friends and I are not switching because of this reason. There are several Bangladeshi channels, but NTV Bangla is the most popular of them all. Hopefully this request will be considered.

Hello,

Suggestions for FiOS TV programming (or for any Verizon service/product/offering on the internet, telephone or televison) can be made on the 'Idea Exchange' section of the forum where it'll be noticed more by other Verizon community members as well as Verizon employees who can bring up individual ideas to the appropriate teams.

Also, forum members can vote on the posted idea for greater emphasis.

Please see:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange-FAQs/Idea-Exchange-FAQs/td-p/231267 for more details.

The direct link to the Idea Exchange section is found here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Babyjamal
I totally agree with you . I want NTV and Chanel I and other Bangladeshi channel
0 Likes