DaNewGuy

Hello to all, I recently subscribed to Verizon Fios's tv & internet service & am dissapointed to find out that NY1 is NOT available on Fios. Does anyone know when or if NY1 will be available on Fios.  I like the Fios service, however not having NY1 is a HUGE set back  & I think i will go back to my previous tv & internet provider if NY1 does not become available on FIOS soon.

0 Likes
Re: NY1
tns
Master - Level 2

NY1 belongs exclusively to Times Warner.  Similar exlusive news channels belong to some of the other Cable networks.  FIOS's own version is FIOS1 but is no way as mature an offering.

0 Likes
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

bring fios 1 news to (NYC)

johncougar
Enthusiast - Level 3

ny1.com streams live audio of their channel on their website if that helps

@DaNewGuy wrote:

Hello to all, I recently subscribed to Verizon Fios's tv & internet service & am dissapointed to find out that NY1 is NOT available on Fios. Does anyone know when or if NY1 will be available on Fios.  I like the Fios service, however not having NY1 is a HUGE set back  & I think i will go back to my previous tv & internet provider if NY1 does not become available on FIOS soon.

0 Likes
KiloPapa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted the same thing.  But ended up with following setup:

FIOS TV ---> Receiver --> TV (video 1)

old TWC cable (unscramble) --> TV (video 2)

Tune/scan video 2 for all unscramble channels -- NY1 is on channel 10 -- leave TV video 2 to channel 10.

Use FIOS remote to switch between FIOS and video 2 (TV/Video button).

Works well, and no extra cost.

MrLnstrm
Switch!
0 Likes
MrLnstrm
Miss it too but we can only get fios
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes