quick menu

NYC channels for Allentown PA

NYC channels for Allentown PA

Contributor DrewH
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(557 Views)

When I switched the rep told me that I would continue to receive all my local channels.  Well some NYC channels are part of this and they are not on Fios.  The other 2 cable companies I can choose at my address, Service Electric, and RCN both include at least channels 5, 9, and 11, if not others as well.  None of the network stations except for PBS are available locally over the air, hence the reason the traditional cable companies have always provided them.  Why does Verizon refuse to do so, and lock us into Philly news and sports (60 miles away)?  I don’t care about Philly news and sports - it’s certainly not local either.

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(539 Views)

It mmight be a cost issue.

I am guessing that those channels want more for carriage than Verizon is willing to pay.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor TheBlueMax
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(328 Views)

I have a zip code associated with my account check that your correct zip is associated.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios