New FIOS TV Guide - Laughable
javamarket
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks like every opportunity Verizon gets to underwhelm with FIOS, they deliver.  This new and (cough) improved guide for FIOS TV is laughable. 

When opening the guild you are presented with 90 minutes of information on 6 channels?  Are you kidding ?!?!?!  Did anyone even consider the percentage of channel information provided versus even the lowest tier subscription?  OK so there are no math majors at Verizon, are there any couch potatoes?

What brialliant development team decided not to put out a pilot for customer feedback?  This is a clear and shameful example of someone believing they know something they do not.  I can only imagine the specious argument that was exchanged for these deliverable.  Try some basic project management theory and take a community college class.

Gents get a clue, hire some talent, and put them to work.  Today more than ever there is available talent for hire. 

You should simply be embarassed.

Re: New FIOS TV Guide - Laughable
bastion72

I have this problem on my DVR down stairs. There are 6 channels and 90 minutes worth of guide, and it's in letterbox(black bars on the sides cutting the screen basically down to SD) and yet my STB upstairs has the full screen guide. Nothing I do will change the downstairs guide.

0 Likes
JDougM

Tried everything.  My DVR guide provides full width display - 150 minutes of programming. As desired.  On a second HD TV,  no matter the settings the guide shows in 4:3 format providing only 90 minutes of programming.

Still keeping an open mind on the new guide but must say initial and continued impression is negative.  I miss the larger live tv viewing box while looking at the guide.  Also the colors and fonts are harsh on the eyes.  the shading is probably the harshest part of viewing.   I am getting use to have the information appear within the guide instead of off to the side although I still prefer the off to the side. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

If you don't have a Motorola 7xxx box or a Cisco box, then you will only get a SD guide.

Seriously consider exchanging any older boxes for a new one.

0 Likes
WraithDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want my old guide back, it was easier to read and navagate. Stop making everything look like iSomething crap and leave well enough alone. If it ain't broke, don't fixt it!

0 Likes
trandavis

I support your point of view.  What was FIOS thinking ?  What choice do we have ?

0 Likes
Rooflady

I too am having problems with it.  The Main one is the colors.  The program description page is light blue, with white lettering.  I have a lot of trouble trying to read it.  Have called Tech Support, and they say they can do nothing.  Is there anything I can do to darken it?  The old one was dark blue with white lettering.  I prefer the old one to this. 

0 Likes
Rooflady

I too am having problems with it.  The Main one is the colors.  The program description page is light blue, with white lettering.  I have a lot of trouble trying to read it.  Have called Tech Support, and they say they can do nothing.  Is there anything I can do to darken it?  The old one was dark blue with white lettering.  I prefer the old one to this. 

0 Likes
WraithDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I replaced my Verizon rented eqyuipment with TiVo and love the interface, it is much easier to use than the Verizon (new or old) interface ever was.

0 Likes