Re: New Korean channel lineup
Justin46
Legend

@koreangirl wrote:

i recieved this mesasage on the tv you know when you go to menu , anyways it's the korean channels were going to change and i can already see that they put ytn because i watching it this morning but what happened to sbs like said they would i wish they would just put the good korean channels because currently im not getting the suff i should be geting for the amount that im paying every single month for my korean channels and if you work in fios then can you please suggest they put more better korean channels becuase there is only two korean channels which i think is unfair

Koreangirl,

Thanks for the response. I don't remember seeing that message about Korean channels on my TV, but maybe I did and just don't remember it. And I do see YTN is now available here in North Texas, although of course I am not subscribed.

I do not work for Verizon, I am just a customer, so no, there is nothing I can do to help. Sorry.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
G-Nitro

One of the disappearing channels stated that SBS would be replacing it when you looked at the channel from the guide. We can no longer see that message as that channel was removed. I did pose my question to Eric in the blog you linked earlier. So I hope he answers.

Thanks for your help.

Here's to hoping that not only SBS is added as stated, but they reach out to get KBS as well in the future. 😄

0 Likes
n0cturnal247

Does anyone else think that it's **bleep** that verizon charges $25 for 2 Korean channels?  You get 2 for free on cable.  Also, and these channels in HD?  You get 25+ channels for $12 if your a spanish viewer (edit)

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Good news! SBS is coming soon, maybe within a month!

0 Likes
Jinyoung

Where did you read this? How do you know that they are going to finally add SBS? I agree with everyone that's posted so far. Verizon did a horrible job of promising SBS then failing to do so. Definitely agree that $25/month is HIGH! And if they are going to be charging $25/month please at least add a bunch of channels. If they had the following I think I may not cancel this package.

MBC, SBS, YTN, KBS, maybe even that SBS Drama channel that Direct TV has.

As of the current situation with just MBC & YTN, I'm canceling unless I hear more from Verzion in the next week about either a price reduction or channel addition.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Go to the Verizon website and look at the new pdf channel lineups. Look for the International section. It lists SBS as Coming Soon.

0 Likes
milhans1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Justin,

It was in a message on my FiOS STP that stated that Verizon was adding the SBS network.

0 Likes
kenmasters

So ... where is SBS? I'm about to cancel and move on to satellite Smiley Indifferent.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

SBS is finally available as of today on channel 1762, at least in NY anyway.

0 Likes
CaribbeanFamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why couldn’t FIOS North America get KBS World, JTBC and Arirang Channel instead of YTN and MBC?!? Like no one even watches YTN or MBC here, do better FIOS!!

@sbdray wrote:

Does anyone have the new Korean channel lineup yet?  I'm in Northern VA, and I just ordered the Korean package a couple of days ago because I saw a message on my box announcing a new lineup which will include SBS starting on Nov. 9.  It's Nov. 11 now, and I still don't see the new lineup.  I wish Verizon would also add KBS, but MBC, SBS, and YTN would satisfy me for now.

0 Likes