New Ultimate Package Not Listing Comet TV
AMTHE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My frustration is growing with Verizon, not that they seem concerned. But, they have dropped Chiller and FearNet over the years. So, I've been watching ElRey and Comet and really like Comet. But, it's not listed on the channels in the Ultimate plan.

Just got my letter telling me they were changing premium channels. I've been getting Epix, Showtime, Starz, HBO and Cinemax, paying extra for Starz and HBO. So, I've asked them if they are dropping Cinemax from included and adding Starz, then can't I just pay $10 for Cinemax instead of Starz so there's no increase. Answer was no. I'll have to pay more. I'm not happy with FIOS right now and I've been with them for 10-15 years. Don't remember when they put system in my community. Went with them right away.

I will miss Comet if they are doing away with it. It's on today, but what about tomorrow?

0 Likes
Re: New Ultimate Package Not Listing Comet TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Comet is a local sub channel.

So it might be an oversight, or you local channel may be dropping it.

0 Likes
AMTHE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a bit confused over this. Not sure what channel Comet may be a sub-channel of. And, when did channels become sub-channels? Oh, what the heck. I'm learning that I have no control over what I receive, how much I pay, or the fact that Verizon considers me not worth its time to respond to as they promised. Let's see, I was supposed to be contacted by the "escalation team" to discuss how they arbitrarily expired my grandfathered in Ultimate Package, dropped my paid for HBO, and raised my rates. I would like to be rescued from Verizon's dungeon of doom. I used to love FIOS. Now, well, I'm hating Verizon because they have ignored me. But, I digress. What's the number for Xfinity? Oh, wait, that's Comcast. Sigh. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your local stations all have their primary channel (NBC, ABC, etc).

When they went digital, they added the capability to add sub-channels.

So channels like MyTV, Comet, Antenna, TV, etc are all sub-channels.
These are typically found in 460-499 range.

These are not national channels like Discover, History, etc so cable companies like Verizon, Comcast, etc can not guarantee carriage of a channel if it is not being carried by one of your local stations.
Check the CometTv website to see if there is a local channel in your area that carries it.

If so, try reaching out to them to see why it isn't on FiOS.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note that if you cannot find a local using cometv's website you will see

"We are sorry, Comet TV is not yet available in your area.
COMET is also available on ROKU, APPLE TV and can be streamed online at http://www.CometTV.com/watch-live/"

So these are other choice for watching.
0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

comet is on 38.3 (wsbk).  Heroes and Icons is on 38.2

Neither are being carried by fios, wsbk has NOT requested fios add those channels  😞

0 Likes