Re: New VOD menus
MashaMT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also want to add a complaint for Search option since it looks have had same user UNfriendly and obviously UNtested update. Used to be search screen took 2/3 of total screen and you could continue watching your program as you searched/programmed the box and search results appeared instantaneously. Now search screen takes 100%of total screen and the rest is black screen

and getting to result takes about 10 sec wait so HUGE slowdown in speed. Wasn't the update supposed to make it faster? And heaven forbid you click on text search results and not wait another 5 sec for picture result to appear. Then your whole result is cancelled out or frozen. Whomever designed and implemented this crap and the person who ordered and approved going live with this should be Fired. 

I am waiting about a month and switching to another provider 

Re: New on demand menus
TwoTankAmin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just found the new On demand set-up. Great work- you made a simple fast thing into a slow cumbersome one. Is there any way I can at least kill the icons and get a simple text menu set-up back? What you have created is really not an improvement. It may be good for a teeny screen but it should not be a part of TV via a set top box.  It is cumbersome and less user friendly.

Very bad job Verizon 😞

ract
Contributor - Level 1

I have to agree, the new menu is truly terrible; almost beyond explanation.  Perhaps I could learn to deal with it, but one of my essential features is now gone.  The movie releases new this week was very helpful in that I didn't have to plod through the whole new releases list which appeared to have a definition of new that consisted of a considerable length in time.

However, the biggest blow was the loss of my bookmarks.  Yes, I can find the bookmarks folder under my stuff, but the entries I made are gone.  This was my main source for selecting movies to watch.

I don't see how this new setup will increase participation, thus revenue, assuming that was the objective.  That is normally the objective of a business.

rdben
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, this is my second post on this topic. Got  home from work, had dinner, a little prep work for tomorrow and wasted 30 minutes trying to fond something to watch. I hope the management at Verizon realizes that TV is a form of entertainment which people use to relax after a day of work. I DO NOT NEED TO GET AGGRAVATED WHENEVER I TURN ON THE TV. I pay for HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Epix & Starz and get frustrated trying to find something to watch!!! This is what drives customers to the competition!

Some questions:

Who designed this mess

Who manages the department that designed this mess

Did upper management review and approve this mess

Did a focus group use and approve of this mess

Is there any way to find out if anyone from Verizon sees these posts? And is there any way to forward some to them?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

Verizon does not comment on posts here.

slwelsby
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon doesn't monitor this forum then why provide any answer. Verizon is supposed to solve these issues not the customer.  The VOD menu was design is horrible and barely functions.

gjp9
Enthusiast - Level 1

the worst looking as well as using 'update' that fios has ever done. MUCH harder to do anything or find anything.  HATE IT !

Re: How do you complain to Verizon about their new VOD menu?
jbd2882
Enthusiast - Level 1

Call 1-800-837-4966. Then Tech Support. The new VOD is terrible. I can't believe that anyone would think this is an improvement.

Re: New on demand menus
YUFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree with you!  I just had the most frustrating experience with this new interface for On Demand.  I HATE IT!!!  Also, the episodes and extras such as Bravo's Last Chance Kitchen and This is Us Aftershow is so far behind now that it is ridiculous.  I called and they said there was nothing they can do about it!  Please bring back the old interface and up-to-date shows on demand.

0 Likes
Lary64

If you ever get answers to your questions, count me in on voicing my complaints.

0 Likes