New on demand
madGrandma1

Bring back the old "ON DEMAND" menu.  This new "ON DEMAND" is just terrible.  Very slow and I am starting to lose my patience.  This new system is not progress.

Leave things alone.  If it isn't broke don't fix it especially this way.  Whoever decided to change the "ON DEMAND" menu should be removed and relocated to a new position.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: ON DEMAND
Nytwhatevr1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know I am not the first to say this--in fact the other thread is now locked, probably because of so many complaints.  But the On Demand upgrade is 2 steps back. I had Comcast 8 years ago and was frustrated that I couldn't just type in what show I was looking for. Then I switched to FIOS and was SO happy to find that keypad. Well, now it's gone!  If I missed a show, I could click on the OD button, scroll up to "search", then type in the show. It would show me when it was on again, and I could then record it.  Now, I went to do that and I had to find TV shows, then go to S-T, which listed 500 shows. I had to then scroll through all the S shows, then all the T shows till I got to "The Y....." which was near then end. Went to show 500--and didn't find it. So I went to try again---found the listing, but it was only showing the day before's episode. And no listings for future shows. Luckily I remembered when I was on later that night, went to the guide, scrolled to 7 pm, and kept scrolling till I found the other channel it was on. This is completely ridiculous, and is such a waste of time evern if I could find the same content. But, the info is no longer available anymore.  FIOS needs to get their act together because many customers are threatening to leave.  Not only that, but there is no where to send an email anymore. There used to be. The automated chat is a waste of time. The forums only let you know how many other people are upset. No solutions. Very frustrating. I am serioiusly considering switching back to Comcast!

0 Likes
Re: New on demand
ChrisMarsh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.. What a mess the new system is..HORRIBLE!!  

Atleast my contract is up and if the menu isn't fixed I can always switch to another provider

0 Likes
Anna41
Enthusiast - Level 1

@madGrandma wrote:

Bring back the old "ON DEMAND" menu.  This new "ON DEMAND" is just terrible.  Very slow and I am starting to lose my patience.  This new system is not progress.

Leave things alone.  If it isn't broke don't fix it especially this way.  Whoever decided to change the "ON DEMAND" menu should be removed and relocated to a new position.  Thank you.

I agree!  Is there anyway to revert back to the old system?  Instead of movie pictures can we get a simple list??  This is just ridiculous...

0 Likes
Re: ON DEMAND
Tine4

The new On Demand format is seriously flawed. I began a list of my issues. When I had 3, I called. Was on hold for more than an hour and a half. I figured that a lot of other people were having trouble. Finally hung up. Will try again.

0 Likes
myVZrag1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lousy, lousy, lousy re-vamp of the On Demand menu. Saved searches are now cached with browsing searches. Older menu was at least a little intuitive, this menu update was pushed to FIOS DVR's in a broken state. Absolute garbage. At least try an opinion poll before unleashing this muck on your customers. As previous poster ranted, if it ain't broke don't fix it. It sure could use fixing now.

0 Likes
Re: New VOD menus
Gardner1826

Did anyone consider ease of use? Many additional steps to find what you are looking for, additional shows on list just make it more cluttered and difficult to navigate, and finally the show images delay search as they continuously refresh. Just bad design from top to bottom.

0 Likes
TwoTankAmin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please understand that Verizon does not care about this at all. They will not do anything about it. There are simple reasons for the changes, they are made to make people buy more stuff first and foremost, not to provide usefull functionality. And they are now laid out to work best on a tiny screen. Those huge clumsy unhelpful on a TV icons work great on a smart phone where smaller text gets lost.

The only way the TV user community will ever get them to change things is if it hurts Verizon in the pocketbook. Vote against this new ssyem by refusing to buy anything that requires one to use this feature to do so. Maybe that will get their attention? And then with the money you save, take the family out for a nice meal or a night at the movies.

I do not buy extras ever from my TV provider, I do not rent movies etc. I do use On Demand, or I did until now. Its now really to diffuclt to use. So any ads I might have viewed via On Demand, I now will never see.

0 Likes
Re: new "on demand menu" misses the mark
FranG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also missing from HBO now

0 Likes
JerryK3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I'm joining with the multitudes who have expressed displeasure and frustration with the new VOD menu. Cumbersome and difficult to scroll through, no separate list of "recently added" content specifically for premium channels, hard to read graphic "boxes" identifying content (as opposed to old lists). I can go on and on...but others already have. It has picked up all of the bad things from Netflix.

In fairness, I will give praise to the "My Stuff" function, which, while also mimicing Netflix, allows you to pick up a series where you left off.

I would urge Verizon to re-think this "upgrade", or at least provide options for those of us who are unhappy.

0 Likes