Re: New VOD menus
KenS11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, Verizon screwed us over when they chaged the menu for movies to show stupid pictures. The new menu is way more complicated and it takes 400 button pushes to get to the same place I used to take 4 if I can get there at all. I tried looking for Marvel ASgents of Shield and it didn't even come up as a selection. I had to use the B button to get to it and even there it was more complicated. On top of the complication, the pictures take forever to load. Verizon should go back to test base and once you make a selection then bring up a picture.

reb44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree with all of the hundreds of complaints. My VOD menu just changed yesterday. I called Verizon and after 15 minutes of being shuffled around the audio merry-go-round I asked for and was connected to tech support. Of course,

this department has nothing to offer in the way of why the change or what is being done to address it. When asked if there is a number for the department in charge of the website, he said there is none--no surprise. I am astounded that after the massive amount of complaints beginning in December VERIZON HAS HAD ZERO REPLIES TO THIS FORUM!!  When asked in the merry-go-round if I'd like to hear about exciting opportunities in my Verizon account, I replied that the opportunity I'd most likely choose is to switch to Comcast.

I may start a protest website to gather names of Verizon users who are considering the same move.

RobS888
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new VOD menus are horrible,

Slow, and difficult to navigate. Perhaps on a tablet or computer these would be fine, but on a tv it is stupid.

I went into chat to complain and after discussing my opionion they asked if I wanted to renew now! I couldn't beleive it. I asked them to call me in 2 months when the contract expires and if it si still the same I'm leaving. 

P.S. what is with the one appologist trying to dismiss the complaints because the menus are like the Roku. Pathetic.

Fred211
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is a fantastic idea!  The only thing that's going to get Verizon's attention is bad press and maybe, just maybe, another provider will come out publicly give us a much better deal.  I don't mind paying for on demand once (isn't that already included in your monthly charges?), but I will be darned if I will incur several additional charges every night.  This is not what I signed for.  VOD nightmare is a very accurate description which includes very poor customer service (unless you want to purchase something, then it's a different story) and corporate gouging that consumers should be protected against.  No, Verizon, you do NOT have permission to review my account when I call.  I want you to do something about this horrendous VOD situation.

Dasha4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Signed up for access to the Boards just to complain about the new On Demand menu.  Saw it for the first time today and it is HORRID, a major step BACKWARD. 

Beyond disappointed in this "enhancement".  I am totally discouraged from accessing anything off the demand system at this point.  Such an unacceptably painful experience to use.  Did they even test it? 

I'll be looking seriously into other options to get my tv, and likely at a lower cost, as the (old) demand system was one of the reasons I was keeping the full fios plan intact.

JoeandHelen
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have never had a complaint about FIOS until now.

This new menu is so cumbersome, we will not be using on demand any longer.

Now we have to navigate through 81 movies not knowing if they are for rent or for purchase until we select it and then find out what the movie is about and the pricing.

On new releases, we have to scan through 88 titles without descriptions until selected.

The navigation seems much slower as well.

This is one way to ruin a viewing experience.

jean28
Enthusiast - Level 1

New on demand is cumbersome. Should have left well enough alone.

It is very difficult to maneuver.  Very slow.  It doesn't seem to have all the programs the old one had.

TERRIBLE

jeickaeab
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been on the phone with Verizon's staff several times this evening with intentions to complain about issues involving the new OnDemand menu.  Initially the most help I received was a recommendation to post on this forum.

After reviewing the forum, it became obvious Verizon does not monitor or respond to messages posted here.  I called again and was given a number to the Executive Relations Team.  They are closed right now, but should be open Monday. 

1. There should be an option in the opening menu to show ONLY free content.  Burying the filter in each individual show is not helpful.
  2. The 'program tiles' (a square picture with the name of the show and a picture associated with it) is an acceptible option, but should not be the only option.  Text menus load faster, are easier to read, and display more content on the screen.
  3. The 'Channel Up' and 'Channel Down' buttons used to skip up or down a menu listing.  That feature has apparently been disabled, requiring a user to press down 30-40 times in order to reach the bottom of the menu.  It is very tedious.
  4. What is the purpose of this forum?  Does anyone from Verizon monitor it?  Why is it so difficult for customers to provide feedback?

Thank you to everyone who joins me in providing feedback on these issues.  If enough of us call, we may actually see some changes! 

Fred211
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really do think now after seeing what has happened here is that the pen might still be mightier than the sword; but in today's world, the wallet is the mightiest of all.   

Astmj

There seems to be a lot of complaints on the new on demand menu. You would think Verizon would listen to us.  The pictures for shows are annoying. I want a list quick and easy. I can browse a page at a time. Some pictures are hard to tell the name of movie or show. Bring the list back! LISTEN to your customers. 

0 Likes