Re: New VOD menus
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you know what you are looking for, the search feature still works well.

0 Likes
PjKaderka1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get maybe an hour a day to watch programming I want to watch and now I get to spend that hour just trying to read the **bleep** menu and now episodes that were free a month ago are randomly being charged?  Including premium subscription shows I am already paying extra for?  ...getting rid of your service as soon as possible. 

0 Likes
PjKaderka1
Enthusiast - Level 1

anyway you could post that number they gave you?

0 Likes
Wobbie1

New On Demand Format is absolutely terrible - agreed.  It would seem the recent series of 'changes' (not upgrades) are actually an attempt to free resources on teh set tob box for 'other' uses.  The playback enu changes made end of last year are not logicaly thought out/presented, but probabaly represent serious cpu savings under the covers.   The On Demand format changes from text to 'pictures' represents another set tob box saving in the cache, since every time you press for a new panel of selections it appears the box is actually going back to the FIOS server to get those pictures - hence the long wait.  The other reason for this tactic could be to frustrate you so bad, that you'll pay the premium price to see a new movie as soon as you see it on your typical tv channel scroll.....This series of changes is not for your benefit, its for the home office.  Complain loud and clear by jumping to another provider..... look at whats happening to ESPN as its being abandoned by the 10's of thousands every week.....I'm getting more and more into my Apple TV, actually considering dropping FIOS after this stunt.  

0 Likes
Re: New on demand menus
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

The menu sucks big time, but what's even worse is now they are charging you for past episodes and blaming the networks! 

Premium channels I subscribe to now charge me. 

Are you kidding? 

PS The push for buying things is also royally annoying.

FIOS service that I've always loved for at least the past 8 years is close to losing me.

0 Likes
Re: New VOD Menus and interaction
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I'm going to call Billing to complain.

0 Likes
Bpd73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure that anyone who actually uses ondemand was involved in the testing of the new format. 

It takes far too many clicks to find a channel you want.  

If you want to watch a movie but aren't sure which one you have to scroll and scroll and scroll from left to right.  If you want to search a different category you have to scroll and scroll and scroll all the way back to the left before you can pick a new one.  

Want it to watch a free movie on HDNet instead of TBS? No dice.  All the free movies are lumped together.  So you don't know which are commercial free or uncut.  The same scrolling nonsense applies.  

Ugh!!

Bring back the old on demand!!!

tcal1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hate the new menu. Impossible to find my shows without searching. None of them in alphabetical order. Ridiculous

SimonRoberts
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new on-demand interface is nearly unusable -- scrolling through the offerings so clumsy, slow, and counter-intuitive that it's useless. 

Patrick110
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new VOD menus are terrible.  It takes far more clicks to find anything.  They should allow people to switch back to the old menu.  If they can't do that, I suggest:

1. Switch from pictures to show titles, or at least have the option, so we can see more per page.

2. Allow users to see what episodes are available before clicking on the show, just by scrolling to the show..

3. Bring back the page up/down funtionality that you used to get when clicking channel buttons.