Re: New VOD menus
WatchingTV1960
Enthusiast - Level 1

New User Interface for on demand is the worst thing. I have ever seen. Incredibly cumbersome. All I want to do is find a TV episode I have missed and it takes forever to scroll to it. Awful, awful, awful

Re: On Demand Question/Complaint
VODSucksNow
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new format for VOD sucks! I liked the old format. Takes 3 times as long to find shows and now I have to pay to get caught up on shows I may have missed.

I pay a lot for FIOS and now they are charging even more. Might be time to go back to Comcast.

Re: How do you complain to Verizon about their new VOD menu?
loosend
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, the new FOD menu is horrible.  Plus, they added commercials to most of the movies so I rarely use FOD anymore.  May look elsewhere because most of the reasons I came over to FIOS are gone:  Weatherscan Local, Ease of On Demand menu, On Demand without commercials for the most part, and Unedited On Demand movies are all ghanged/gone.  However, the price keeps going up so it is getting to where it is not worth it.

Re: New VOD menus
loosend
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Verizon,

Are you listening to these complaint about the new VOD menu??  It is cumbersome to navigate and the added commercials and editing of the free movies and television shows without being able to fast forward is an inconvenience.  We are paying for the service, so it is not "free" in reality.  Please hear the complaints and put the VOD back to the previous version until the bugs and navigation is correected.  Thanks.

Re: New Menus for VOD
loosend
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope they are listening to these complaints.  It is horrible.

How do I get the old On Demand menu back?
Rossella1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to get the old On Demand menu back? The new one is difficult to navigate and unreliable. Often, I give up and decide to go watch a DVD or Netflix because I can't get to what I want. Sometimes (very rarely) it gives me options up at the top of the screen and I can choose tv, movie, recently watched, etc. However, most of the time, those options don't appear and I just get a screen full of pay-per-view movies. If I scroll right, I get recently watched. If I scroll left, I get a search. Those are the only options I've been able to figure out, and I've tried several times. I just want my old menu back. Is there a way to get rid of the downgrade and go back to the old version?

0 Likes
Re: How do I get the old On Demand menu back?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rossella1 wrote:

Is there a way to get the old On Demand menu back? The new one is difficult to navigate and unreliable. Often, I give up and decide to go watch a DVD or Netflix because I can't get to what I want. Sometimes (very rarely) it gives me options up at the top of the screen and I can choose tv, movie, recently watched, etc. However, most of the time, those options don't appear and I just get a screen full of pay-per-view movies. If I scroll right, I get recently watched. If I scroll left, I get a search. Those are the only options I've been able to figure out, and I've tried several times. I just want my old menu back. Is there a way to get rid of the downgrade and go back to the old version?

WYSIWYG

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Top bar is for major content menus.

Once you find what you want, ie TV, movies, etc, hit the down arrow and you will get a menu for that content.

0 Likes
Rossella1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah. I figured that. I e-mailed verizon and included links to this forum topic and another one I found that complained about the same issue. I'd post the e-mal address, but apparently Verizon doesn't like their e-mail being posted on their website...

But hopefully they'll take the time to read through the 20 pages of complaints people have.

0 Likes
Rossella1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@CRobGauth wrote:

Top bar is for major content menus.

Once you find what you want, ie TV, movies, etc, hit the down arrow and you will get a menu for that content.

The top bar is rarely on my menu. Hitting the down arrow does nothing. Hitting the up arrow does nothing either.

0 Likes