Re: How do you complain to Verizon about their new VOD menu?
Erw2

I feel your pain.  I have stopped using the Vod. Amazon and Netflix is what i use now.  I will soon cancel my premium channels cause i can get them easier with subscriptions other than fios. I would let someone know how much I hate the new interface, but who would care. I will let them know with a reduced cashflow, and stop the premium channels. Horrible to try to look at the premium channel vod.

0 Likes
ARC345

To those explaining how to get to premium channel VOD options, I ask: Are there more steps to find premium channel VOD options? Are Verizon Fios VOD options (transactional) more prominently placed? Yes and yes, IMO.  I pay for premium channels. Can I substantiate that menu changes were intended to push our family to buy more VOD from them? No.  Can I say that the Company's menu "upgrade" has made it substantially harder to get the content that I want out of premium channels for which I pay? Absolutely.  

0 Likes
Jayhawk72
Enthusiast - Level 2

The VOD menus are terrible.  It's impossible to scroll thru available movie and shows on all of my Premium subscriptions.  I've called twice to no avail.  Want fast text scrolling.  Need to check menu options on other provider.  

0 Likes
Re: New On Demand Interface
My3ringcircus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely agree!!! 

There is no way to filter these ridiculous posters to be family friendly either. Fios failure. 

0 Likes
New Video on Demand is Terrible
Jpdan0491

Verizon needs to change their video on-demand back to the old one the new one is terrible and takes forever to try to find a movie I really wish I knew what they were thinking

0 Likes
Re: New Video on Demand is Terrible
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jpdan0491 wrote:

Verizon needs to change their video on-demand back to the old one the new one is terrible and takes forever to try to find a movie I really wish I knew what they were thinking

Never going to happen.  After all the change is now many months old.  Best you can possibly get them to do is to listen to concrete suggestions on improvements they might make.  And their is no good place to make those suggestions.   I suspect this thread has been tuned out by the support team if they ever were reading it.

0 Likes
Lousy navigation has to go!
Whatever991

The change in navigation when you hit menu to go to on-demand several months ago where there are a bunch of blocks makes it difficult to impossible to find anything on the HBO channels for someone who is just using TV and a remote.  The blocks aren't the same size, they are hard to read, and they aren't even in alphabetical order.  To scroll, I have to keep hitting the remote.  As a result, I don't use the area.  But I found out that Game of Thrones had come back and, even though I had it set up to record, that did not happen.  But after looking 4 times, I still can't find the current season that has already played.  The navigation makes me want to scream.  And I don't rent movies anymore because of it.  Whoever "designed" this navigation is incompetent.  In addition, white type on black is very hard to read, another mistake made by inexperienced, incompetent designers.  Many think these things are cool, typical of the inexperienced, but forgot there is a broader audience and not everyone uses a phone or tablet or likes playing with kindergarten blocks.

0 Likes
Re: Lousy navigation has to go!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So let me start by saying I am not particularly enamored with the new VOD design.

But I didn't find it overly difficult to find GOT.

I just went to TV, premiums, HBO, Series.
Scroll over to GOT (you can hold next button down to jump fast that scrolling).
Select GOT and all seasons are there.

Searching for specific movies and series when you aren't sure of the network can be a bit more cumbersome, but I find the search to be quite useful.

0 Likes
Re: New on demand menus
Kroach123
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new screen is very difficult to maneuver. The lag time is unacceptable. Searching through movies takes forever as you are showing pictures as opposed to titles only.   If there is an easier way I would love to know; such as starting to typing in the title of the movie  (similar to using the search box) or being able to select by  alphabetical grouping (A-D, E-G, etc.).   Bottom line:  this change is awful. Please consider going back to the old versiion.

ps. If you were looking for a creative project manager I'm available.

Re: New on demand menus
Kroach123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have scrolled through everyone of these complaints and have yet to see Verizon respond. Terrible customer service. 

@Kroach123 wrote:

This new screen is very difficult to maneuver. The lag time is unacceptable. Searching through movies takes forever as you are showing pictures as opposed to titles only.   If there is an easier way I would love to know; such as starting to typing in the title of the movie  (similar to using the search box) or being able to select by  alphabetical grouping (A-D, E-G, etc.).   Bottom line:  this change is awful. Please consider going back to the old versiion.

ps. If you were looking for a creative project manager I'm available.