New Viacom HD Channels - Guide is showing east coast but the channels are west coast
Briani
Enthusiast - Level 2
Translation:  you have to play math teacher to record shows.  You need to record shows that are not what you are trying to record just to get the shows you are trying to record.  Does anyone know when this is going to be fixed?  Thanks! 
0 Likes
Re: New Viacom HD Channels - Guide is showing east coast but the channels are west coast
sgip2000
0 Likes
Re: New Viacom HD Channels - Guide is showing east coast but the channels are west coast
skierrob2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's happening on my Tivo too.  Have the West Coast feeds playing for the new Viacom HD channels, but getting guide info for the east coast.

Problem is -- I don't know if Verizon Pomona messed up and should be showing the east coast feeds or if they decided to permanently show the west coast feeds and if Tivo and FYI both have incorrect guide listings.

Robert

0 Likes
cornflakes
Enthusiast - Level 2
Has anyone at Verizon taken note of this?  I was hoping this would've been fixed in a couple of days since it's a pretty major problem!
0 Likes
skierrob2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also in Southern California.  It's been fine in my Verizon set-top-box guide since last Sunday, but is STILL broken on my Tivo.  I have contacted Tivo, Tribune itself and Verizon regarding this.  It isn't fixed yet.  I hope it is soon.

Cornflakes -- I assume you have a Tivo also if you are seeing incorrect guide info?  Have you filled out the improper lineup form on tivo.com and called Tivo to let them know the guide info is off by 3 hours?

Thanks!

0 Likes
cornflakes
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes I have two Tivo boxes with my service.  I didn't realize that I could contact Tivo about this (thought it was a Verizon thing).  Will file a trouble ticket with Tivo now.
0 Likes
skierrob2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon provides guide data for the Verizon set top boxes -- they get guide data from a company called FYI and use that for their guide.  Tivo provides their own separate guide data for all Tivo boxes (Tivo gets their guide data from Tribune and uses that).

Since the Verizon guide is now correct on Verizon boxes, and the Tivo guide is incorrect still, we have to report this to Tivo instead of Verizon so that Tivo corrects their guide sometime in the future.

0 Likes