New York area - FIOS 1 channel
robertf390
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi:

I was watching channel 49 (Weatherscan) this morning and noticed a message in the crawl line mentioning for LI and NNJ subscribers FIOS 1 for local news etc. I tuned to Channel 1 and nothing is there. Is this a new service (possibly to compete with Cablevisions News 12) and does anyone have info on when the channel will be available. I don't understand why FIOS would announce tuning to a channel that so far does not exist but it does sound interesting.

Does anyone have any info??  Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: New York area - FIOS 1 channel
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It is confusing. My guess is that it was due already, but got delayed and Verizon didn't inform Weatherscan to stop the message.  It wouldn't be the first time.
0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
FIOS 1 NY suppose to launch Monday June 22
0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
What is the update on FIOS 1 in NYC ? When is it expected ?
0 Likes
AhhYeah
It is Fios answer to Cablevisons channel 12 news or Timewanrer NY1. In it's current state is in dissapointing to say the least. The video quality makes it difficult to watch in HD or SD. It is channel 1 for SD and 501 for HD. Take a look and reply back with your thoughts.
0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
When is NYC expected FIOS1, any news ? Will it be before September ?
0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2
Its here on Long Island, nothing yet in NYC?
0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
No, Nothin yet in NYC , anybody have a expected date ?
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Billy, you've been told by the end of the year, why do you keep asking??
0 Likes
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
Um No I havent been told that . The only thing Ive been told by the end of the year was FIOS Digital Voice and the decision on MSG HD and MSG + HD , which will be decided within 5 months , which is December 8 , 5 months from July 8 when it was announced of the 5 month timeframe. If I was told about FIOS 1 by the end of the year, I guess it was missed on by me. Also not mentioned anything about IMG 1.7 was announced either.
0 Likes