No Big Ten Network on FIOS for the start of the season?
Tmac83
Verizon signed a contract with BTN in July and I still won't have BTN to start the football season in Philadelphia! Time Warner and Mediacom just signed this week and will have the games available for Saturday. Comcast signed a contract at the same time and started BTN coverage Aug 15. I live in a Big Ten state where there is demand to see PSU, what gives?
0 Likes
Re: No Big Ten Network on FIOS for the start of the season?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Philly will get BTN on Sept 11
0 Likes
birdistasty
About September 11th - I'm noticing this is when the channel lineup is going to change.  Are we going to be getting the updates that everyone keeps talking about then, too?
0 Likes
Tmac83
I realize we will get it Sept. 11, I just think that its poor that they couldn't get it done by the start of the season considering I live in a Big Ten state and other companies who made deals this week will have the games this weekend. I have to wait until the 3rd week of the season. I know that I am still going to get the channel and I am happy about that. However, they added USA and CNBC HD before the olympics so that customers could see the Olympics in HD, so why not BTN for the start of the football season. I am in no way saying that Big Ten football is as big as the olympics, but what I am saying is that they have the capability to bring their customers those games. 
0 Likes
analog97
I am from Pittsburgh, PA and a PSU fan.  The Verizon BIG TEN NETWORK will not show the Penn State game tomorrow!!    However, COMCAST (only competitor) will carry the PSU game on their BIG TEN NETWORK!!    I am VERY disappointed!!    Can someone please explain this to me?  I want this changed!!  Thanks.
0 Likes
Tmac83
You don't have BTN yet? You were suppose to be upgraded to BTN on the 6th of August, at least it says so according to the interactive channel guide. BTN is supposed to be channel 85 in standard definition and 585 in high definition. If I don't have BTN on 9/11 when it says we are supposed to get it, I am going to be very upset.  
0 Likes
analog97
Hi Tmac, think about how disapponted you will be when you won't see the PSU games LIVE!!  If Philly gets the same feed as Pittsburgh, you won't see PSU either!!! 
0 Likes
Tmac83
I am actually an Iowa fan, so I am hoping that FIOS will have all the spillover games as well. If they don't I am switching back to Comcast because Comcast has all the spillover games. I am upset that I have to go to a bar and grill to watch the game instead of staying at home to watch them because that will mean I have to limit my comments and I will undoubtedly get crap from Penn State fans for watching the Iowa game, which is not so bad because most of the Penn State fans have been pretty nice. I just called Big Ten Network and they didn't have a specific date for me as to when I would get BTN, just that FIOS planned to roll it out between August 25th and September 16th. I told the guy that I was frustrated and he hinted at the fact the BTN was a little disappointed with FIOS for not providing the games to its customers for the start of the season. He also said that FIOS has not been telling people when they will get BTN, for others they have added the channel late, and in some markets it has just shown up without an announcement. I am happy with all other aspect of FIOS TV, but this one just makes no logical sense. I am sure we are in the minority, as most customers could care less if they get BTN. 
0 Likes
Tmac83
Please sign the petition!
0 Likes
analog97
TMac, in Pittsburgh Verizon FIOS is showing the Iowa-Iowa State game.  That's a great game for you, but it just looks like the BTN on Verizon Fios makes no sense about what games to show in which areas.  I dunno how they decide this, but it should be regionalized it seems.  So far, I'm pretty disappointed with Verizon BTN.
0 Likes