Re: No Canadian Channels???
hughlt

FWIW, I am considering switching from Comcast to Verizon for internet and maybe TV.    I watch relatively little TV, but absolutely love the CBC coverage of World Cup ski racing:  the focus is on the sport, and the commentary is interesting and good.   The American network coverage is awful by comparison (lots of human interest; strikingly less actual skiing).   The coverage of track and field is great, too.

Hey Verizon!    Make my decision easy!    Get the CBC (at least the sports).

0 Likes
EEEEEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree, CBC has fantastic Olympics coverage and a great HD picture!  A roof top antenna in many cases can pick up the signal for free over the air.  You just need an HD tuner and you are all set!  No need to pay TW for just a few channels that will look terrible anyway.  Do they even have the Canadian channels in HD?  I don't think they do.

0 Likes
snowdann

Depends on where you live, don't you think?

Like Seattle - where my local ski hill is north of Vancouver and the Canucks are our team - which CBC carries along with other hockey games.

but if I want to watch them Verizon wants an $80 one time charge. Plus I like to watch the local news from  our friends to the north - they've got tons of other countires news and local programming -

I just might switch back to Commiecast when my contract is up.

0 Likes
Buffman31

I agree, when the Winter Olympics are on, you can't beat the Canadians in coverage. We'd watch them to catch it live, and not wait for NBC to butcher it.

I did keep TWC just for canadian TV, specifically Hockey Night in Canada ( unnatural need to check out Don Cherry in the 1st intermission). Trying to get OTA in my neighborhood is tough.

PLEASE VERIZON, ADD CBC/CTV/CFTO! And yes, they have HD channels.

Off topic, crossing fingers for MSG HD soon. Tough to watch Sabres in SD.

0 Likes
ChiChi4

I agree. This sucks, but it's my own fault for not noticing they weren't part of the "local" offerings.

Btw, CHCH hasn't been offered by Adelphia/TW in ages, decades, literally but I do miss the late night movies on CBLT in particular.

0 Likes
cdkscully

Toronto stations are local to Buffalo.  For example, our PBS stations is advertised as BUFFALO-TORONTO.

Under our cable, the western NY region ALWAYS had canadian stations. 

when I got satellite and fios, the canadian channels are missing. 

Those channel are CTV (9) and CBC (5). 

Will fios be adding those to our lineup OR does the cable market have the rights to the Toronto stations?

Thankyou.

0 Likes
tommvee1

I had heard that the Canadian channels are not digital and therefore can't be added to FIOS or the satelite providers. Maybe the Canadians need to get with the times and update their TV, eh. I too miss the CBC.Smiley Sad

0 Likes