Re: No German language channels?
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't even complain about the FACT that I still can't get it - I just don't see a reason why my area (FL Gulf Coast) is ALWAYS last when it comes to updates. I would suggest to Verizon that they should promote/launch new channels/software ONLY when it's available to ANYONE and ANYWHERE.

Otherwise, you are facing problems when it comes to fairness and pricing. Why should I pay the same price for less features here in Florida than somebody in PA? OK, the German package is optional so I'm not charged for it but what about software-upgrades (i.e. the 1.6 upgrade that made HD-streaming possible)? I think you're getting my point. Anyway, it's not appropriate to brag about services you can't offer.

And at least in my definition, more than 2 months isn't "coming soon" - I assume Verizon shares my opinion on that (well, at least when it comes to payments due on my account).

Message Edited by FloridaFiOS on 01-26-2009 11:30 PM
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE (at least for the Tampa Bay area):

The Channels finally popped up on my schedule today and I immediately oredered them over the phone (neither over the reiceiver nor online worked). I was told I would be able to watch them within 2-24 hours. Keep your fingers crossed - I'll post an update tomorrow evening.

As a side note: I still can't complain about the availability of the customer service over the phone. Although my bill stated that I could only reach them until 6pm, I was able to INSTANTLY get a SA on the line after 10pm. Anyway, I ALWAYS get an SA without any problems.

0 Likes
ehagberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I still don't even have the channels showing up when browsing verizon.com's channel listing for my area... even though flyers sent out last month showed the German channels on them.

😞

0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@FloridaFiOS wrote:

UPDATE (at least for the Tampa Bay area):

The Channels finally popped up on my schedule today and I immediately oredered them over the phone (neither over the reiceiver nor online worked). I was told I would be able to watch them within 2-24 hours. Keep your fingers crossed - I'll post an update tomorrow evening.

As a side note: I still can't complain about the availability of the customer service over the phone. Although my bill stated that I could only reach them until 6pm, I was able to INSTANTLY get a SA on the line after 10pm. Anyway, I ALWAYS get an SA without any problems.

Well, the 24 hours are over BUT it's still not working. Unless it does by tomorrow morning, it's time for a complaint.
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's working - FINALLY!

I had to press the OK-key to "order" it again via STB and 2 minutes later, it was running. I don't know the purpose for that since I already ordered it by phone and was waiting for it but fortunately, I tried it again and it was working!

0 Likes