Switch Account

No German language channels?

No German language channels?

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 21 of 25
(4,679 Views)

I don't even complain about the FACT that I still can't get it - I just don't see a reason why my area (FL Gulf Coast) is ALWAYS last when it comes to updates. I would suggest to Verizon that they should promote/launch new channels/software ONLY when it's available to ANYONE and ANYWHERE.

Otherwise, you are facing problems when it comes to fairness and pricing. Why should I pay the same price for less features here in Florida than somebody in PA? OK, the German package is optional so I'm not charged for it but what about software-upgrades (i.e. the 1.6 upgrade that made HD-streaming possible)? I think you're getting my point. Anyway, it's not appropriate to brag about services you can't offer.

And at least in my definition, more than 2 months isn't "coming soon" - I assume Verizon shares my opinion on that (well, at least when it comes to payments due on my account).

Message Edited by FloridaFiOS on 01-26-2009 11:30 PM
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 22 of 25
(4,623 Views)

UPDATE (at least for the Tampa Bay area):

The Channels finally popped up on my schedule today and I immediately oredered them over the phone (neither over the reiceiver nor online worked). I was told I would be able to watch them within 2-24 hours. Keep your fingers crossed - I'll post an update tomorrow evening.

As a side note: I still can't complain about the availability of the customer service over the phone. Although my bill stated that I could only reach them until 6pm, I was able to INSTANTLY get a SA on the line after 10pm. Anyway, I ALWAYS get an SA without any problems.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor ehagberg
Copper Contributor
Message 23 of 25
(4,610 Views)

I still don't even have the channels showing up when browsing verizon.com's channel listing for my area... even though flyers sent out last month showed the German channels on them.

:-(

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 24 of 25
(4,581 Views)

@FloridaFiOS wrote:

UPDATE (at least for the Tampa Bay area):

The Channels finally popped up on my schedule today and I immediately oredered them over the phone (neither over the reiceiver nor online worked). I was told I would be able to watch them within 2-24 hours. Keep your fingers crossed - I'll post an update tomorrow evening.

As a side note: I still can't complain about the availability of the customer service over the phone. Although my bill stated that I could only reach them until 6pm, I was able to INSTANTLY get a SA on the line after 10pm. Anyway, I ALWAYS get an SA without any problems.

Well, the 24 hours are over BUT it's still not working. Unless it does by tomorrow morning, it's time for a complaint.
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 25 of 25
(4,560 Views)

It's working - FINALLY!

I had to press the OK-key to "order" it again via STB and 2 minutes later, it was running. I don't know the purpose for that since I already ordered it by phone and was waiting for it but fortunately, I tried it again and it was working!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.