No German language channels?
ehagberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm surprised that there's no German language channel(s) being offered by Verizon FiOS - plenty of other less common languages have channels available.

Why not German?

0 Likes
Re: No German language channels?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
There's two German stations launching soon, I don't know what the price will be. Deutsche Welle & ProSiebenSat.1Welt
0 Likes
ehagberg
Enthusiast - Level 1
Where can I find updates regarding this info? I don't see DW or ProSieben in the channel lineup when I punch in my zipcode (07043).
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
They aren't available yet, by end of this month.
0 Likes
pnrobin
Deutsche Welle and ProSeibenSat.1 are now showing up at channels 1787 and 1788.  This is for zip 20171 in Northern Virginia. Program listing is there  ( it is not a coming soon but real program info) but I was told I can't order yet.
0 Likes
MQNF5
Hopefuly soon. I called and was told that they would most likely roll out with the rest of the HD channels at the end of the year....
0 Likes
MQNF5
talked to another rep today, he said to check back beginning of december. Apparently no one has these channels yet.
0 Likes
MQNF5

more  wonderful news. I know I could just edit old post but i lik eto bump topics.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6616492.html?industryid=47200

0 Likes
pnrobin

I have both German channels enabled!!!   Phoned this morning for my weekly check and they were available to order. 

Peter

0 Likes
MQNF5

for whatever reason the {please keep your posts courteous}  kept bouncing me back and forth until i asked for a supervisor. she was ver friendly and helpful, turns out theres a glitch in their system, and they are available, but they must call IT depatment to get their software fixed.

Ill let you know when i get the call about them being enabled

Message Edited by KaLin on 11-25-2008 11:48 AM
0 Likes