Re: No New DVRs for Existing Customers
koyote1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a long term Verizon customer. I got a letter saying I could upgrade to the new dvr..I had Verizon(GTE) in my office for 32 years, I have had FIOS, since it first came out here, I have my wireless with Verizon.  I have our seasonal home with Verizon..   I am fed up.  None of the links work,  I called, and was told there was a problem, but they could not help me, as it had to be ordered on line.  After seaching for a link that worked, I started a "chat" with verizon staff, two supervisors and a "chat' person were NO HELP AT ALL!  I like their product, but am fed up with the lack of service.

pavoglers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that if I had a complaint that I should write a letter to:

Verizon Presidential Complaints

5400 Cambell Run Rd.

Pittsburgh, PA 15205

If all frustrated customers write and complain, maybe we could make a difference.

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

It's frustrating, but it's no different across the industry when it comes to upgrading existing customers with the latest equipment. Directv is even slower to offer upgrades, and many customers are having their boxes replaced with models that came out in 2006. So you can cancel but don't expect it to be different elsewhere.

At least with Fios, you can pretty much go to any store and they will upgrade your first gen 6000 box to 2nd gen, made in 2008-2010.

What it really comes down to a supply issue here though, I don't think they want to make the upgrade process easier right now, because they just don't have enough units for everyone. I really doubt they have stockpiles of them just sitting around.

0 Likes