No Sound - SciFi (ch 160/560)
Moonvball
Up until a week ago my SciFi channel was working fine but all of the sudden there is no sound on either channel but sound will come back for some but not all commercials.  This also appears to only be happening on my HD DVR STB.  These are the only channels that I am experiencing this problem with so far. Any ideas?
0 Likes
Re: No Sound - SciFi (ch 160/560)
Doug
I had a similar thing happen and it turned out to be a language setting. Somehow the "preferred language" was set to spanish. I changed it to english and the sound returned. Press MENU on your FIOS remote. Go to SETTINGS and pick LANGUAGE. Make sure all the settings are set to english.
0 Likes
Re: No Sound - SciFi (ch 160/560)
Moonvball
Doug, thanks for the input.  I checked those settings and that didn't seem to be the issue.  I managed to get in touch with the help desk at verizon and they put me through the normal troubleshooting process of pulling the power (soft reboot), checking my HDMI cables, checking the wall outlets, and resetting my ADSL modem.  None of this helped, so after being on the phone for nearly 45 minutes with them I finally asked if there was anything else that we could try and she finally decided to send a hard reboot signal to my box, after if went through the process of rebooting everything was working fine.  She was baffled and said that it was going into the Verizon strange and mysterious file.
0 Likes