Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

No contract with WPXI the local NBC affiliate

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

No contract with WPXI the local NBC affiliate

Message 1 of 33
(3,523 Views)

I got 2 emails early this morning about the lack of a contract with WPXI the local NBC affiliate and see that those several channels and sub channels have been blacked out. If Verizon can’t get a good price from the Pittsburgh affiliate, why not negotiate with a different affiliate or even just negotiate to get the network feed directly? I am more interested in the network content than the local content.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No contract with WPXI the local NBC affiliate

Message 30 of 33
(1,258 Views)

Looks like they settled their differences. I got an email at 8:28 pm and the stations are back online. I assume the guide will be updated tomorrow.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 2 of 33
(3,489 Views)

I agree. I already called Comcast to switch. Clearly no contingency plan and no concern for Verizon customers. Hello xfinity!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 33
(3,475 Views)

agree they need to provide a NBC feed.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fios TV Content Update - Terrier (formerly Bristlecone/Cox) There’s been a change to your chann

Message 4 of 33
(3,421 Views)

UNACCEPTABLE.  How do you not carry NBC in Pittsburgh??  Are you trying to drive all the loyal, long-time Verizon customers to be like their twenty-something children and go buy smart tvs and use streaming services?  Remember:  THIS IS PITTSBURGH, HOME OF THE BOOMERS.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 33
(3,403 Views)

I agree, I do not need WPXI. But I want NBC. Most of the things I watch is on that channel. If they dont fix that asap, I will be switching to Comcast. I am no contract so nothing is holding me back. And my husband is already on me to call and switch because he already has been annoyed with them.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 33
(3,369 Views)

Don't these **bleep** at NBC know we can get their station for nothing? Sometimes I don't understand where these so called exes. get their brains.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 33
(3,331 Views)

Might be time to start shopping for another provider.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 33
(3,136 Views)

I am more than a little displeased with this situation.    I already am paying for services that mean nothing to me like the Spanish channels.    If this is a financial decision between two parties like Verizon and Cox Media, why can't Verizon have a menu where subscribers pay for only the channels they want, like NBC ?    I would be more than happy to pay for the channels I want.     I hope that the parties can settle this soon, or I will be making changes in my cable provider.      

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 33
(3,079 Views)

It's apparent that neither side is concerned about the subscribers.  Will we be getting a reduction of our monthly bill since we're paying for the service that's not being provided?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 10 of 33
(3,030 Views)

It is absolutely ridiculous that Verizon does not carry NBC a main station. That is one of the only stations some people watch. I will be switching services if this issue is not resolved soon. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.