Switch Account

Number of channels you can watch live on Fios mobile app?

Number of channels you can watch live on Fios mobile app?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor avhjr
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(2,647 Views)

I just switched from comcast.  I had been using their mobile app and I could watch live all of the channels on the app that I could watch on my TV with the set top box (assuming I was on my home network).

The Fios mobile app has a much more limited set of channels that can be watched live vs. watched on the TV.

Just curious why this is?  Did comcast lock up some channels for watching live in their agreements?  Will the Fios mobile watch live ever get more channels?  Is it a question of servers and bandwidth?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(2,592 Views)

What model STB do you have?

I believe with Quantum you can watch most if not all cable channels (not 100% on locals) that you can on STB.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor BASS
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(1,193 Views)

I just switched from Xfinity to FiOS too. And realized they don't have some basic channels ABC, FOX on the mobile app which I watch a lot of on my kitchen iPad.  I thought that it was "basic" that those would be available. Also the Xfintiy app is so much better than the FiOS one

Moderator Moderator
Message 4 of 4
(1,186 Views)

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.