Offer beIN Sports in the Sports Package (at least)
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I know this is not a forum to ask Verizon questions.  But we do know that people from Verizon look at these boards from time to time.  I don't see how they could have ignored all the requests for beIN sports on these boards.  It reminds me of when fans were clamoring for Fox Soccer Channel to be offered in HD.  While it is great to hear that Verizon now have beIN sports, I am a bit disappointed that it is only offered on the Ultimate Package at this time.  Verizon did indicate that beIN will be offered in alternative ways soon, but there is no indication when that will take place or what alternatives will be offered.

With beIN basically replacing Fox Soccer Channel, since FSC will soon be no more, it is likely that Fox Soccer Plus will go away as well.  I am hoping that Verizon does not simply replace Fox Soccer Plus with beIN and charge customers $15 a month for one channel like it is HBO.  For that price, you might as well upgrade to Ultimate.

I was hoping that beIN would be (and hopefully will be) placed on the Extreme package since FSC is offered on the Extreme package.  Since beIN will basically replace FSC, why not offer it on the same tier?  At minimum, I am hoping that it will be at least offered on the Extreme Sports package.

I am not a big fan of how Verizon does sports channels, as they layer them throughout their tiers, instead of offering a simple sports package that is $5 to $10 a month like Comcast does.  For the price to get the sports package, you might as well upgrade to Ultimate, get all those sports channels, plus the extra channels as well.  But this is how they do it, so hopefully beIN will be offered on the sports package at minimum.  In sum,  Verizon, please do not:

1.  Keep beIN only on the Ultimate tier

2.  Make it a separate pay channel like Fox Soccer Plus

Verizon, please consider:

1.  Moving it to the Extreme tier like FSC is now; or

2. At least offer it on the Extreme Sports package as an alternative to the Ultimate tier.

What would soccer fans like to see Verizon do with this channel?

0 Likes
Re: Offer beIN Sports in the Sports Package (at least)
FIOS-GURU-NY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree completely with your comment. I think the price is too high to put it into the extreme package but i agree that it should be in the sports pack. Most of the competition like DirectTv  has it in the sports pack.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

I guess my one other suggestion to Verizon would be to offer both beIN channels on the same tier.  The English and Spanish language channels do not offer the same exact programming.  There will be some games on the Spanish channel that are not offered on the English channel.  Like other cable carriers, it would be nice if Verizon offered both channels on the same tier, and not split them up like they have done currently.

0 Likes
Tiberiu

On the evening of March 18th 2013 beIN channel  was included on the Extreme package line-up also. Next day the online page was modified and now, just as everybody already knows, is only offered in the Ultimate package. Anybody else noticed this change ? I am trying to have somebody from Verizon to confirm this for me, but without great hopes....

I am convinced that it was a mistake that was caught a little too late....just after I have signed up for the Extreme package.

Now I am very disappointed and I hope that somebody will admit to their mistake. 

Play soccer, live soccer !

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3
I didn't notice that, but reports in the days leading up to the launch indicated that beIN would be offered on the Extreme Sports package. It would be nice if it was offered on the Extreme tier like Fox Soccer Channel, or if need be, the extreme Sports package. The other issue will be if Verizon makes both channels available (the English and Spanish channels) on the Extreme tier instead of offering the Spanish channel only on the Spanish tier. While there is overlap between the two, they do offer different games live at times and then do replays later on. I doubt that will happen, but we can hope.
0 Likes