On Demand Network shows???
DLH571
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I signed up for Fios, I was told that ALL NEW RUN network (just the big guys CBS, NBC & ABC) shows would be available ON Demand within 24 hours of them airing on the network. Now that the new TV season has begun, I am disappointingly seeing almost NO shows listed in the On Demand!! I didn't set my DVR to record a few shows thinking I would just be able to catch them On Demand only to now see NONE of them are listed on there!! **bleep**?? Are they GOING to be added but are just behind or are most shows normally NOT put on the On Demand. A few examples of shows I looked for are, "Desperate Housewives", "How I Met Your Mother", and "The Amazing Race".  The least Fios could do is make a note on the program on the guide saying whether it will be available On Demand or not.

I've only had the Fios services 2 months and so far I am GRAVELY disappointed in the service. The Guide is complicated to use and not at all user friendly, the picture on HD channels has a habit of blinking out in the middle of a show and now the On Demand items are letting me down! Thinking of switching back to Optimum! At least I know what I get with them!!

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Network shows???
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

AFAIK the content available for ON DEMAND from the networks is controlled by the networks, not FiOS.

I know ABC, FOX, NBC and CBS all offer some of their shows online if you need to catch up on some episodes.

0 Likes
boblitfin

I don't understand why Verizon can't just contact the networks and get the shows added to the demand schedule.

I called Verizon and then told me they are powerless...If someone at ABC CBS and NBC are asleep at the switch why not bug them to get current.

We don't fill up our recorders because the shows are available on demand and then this is not the case..we are paying for something we are not getting

Come on Verizon..get off your butts and fix this problem

0 Likes
catck1

I too am totally fed up with having to wait days for the latest episodes of shows to be shown.  I am aware that some shows are shown on-line but I don't want to sit and watch on my computer.  We sat down yesterday (Sunday) to watch CSI and it wasn't up yet and is still not there tonight at 8.30pm.  Because of Leno a lot of the shows I like have changed days so now there is a lot of conflict for taping shows so the VOD feature gets used a lot but I'm getting really mad about having to wait so long to see the new episodes.  It used to be that they were there the following day but gradually the time span has been lengthening and now, as in the case of CSI, it's 4 days and still counting.

I'm not at all happy.

0 Likes
spiflication
I'm also finding a large amount of On Demand content hasn't been updated in nearly 3 weeks. Everything on NBC(Office, Community, Parks, etc), Bravo(Top Chef), a ton of stuff on HBO(Curb, Bored to Death, etc...). I WAS super impressed by the update time with Fios and their On Demand(24 hour turn around) but they've really dropped the ball at this point. On Demand feels worthless and boring if it goes nearly a month without updates......
0 Likes
LizJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm wondering about this as well...a number of NBC shows haven't been updated this week and also Project Runway from Lifetime! I wasn't recording them because they were available On Demand!

0 Likes
LizJ
Enthusiast - Level 3

This problem is still happening...and last night I saw an ad from FIOS where it said that NBC shows update within a day of the air date! They're still running 1 1/2 to 2 weeks behind...30 Rock is not even on Demand at this point.

0 Likes
bsie

I just spoke with Tech Support and they claim it is a problem with their VOD provider. He said they are working on it and expects it to be fixed by the end of this coming weekend.

I don't know if I believe that considering my Cinemax On Demand is not updating either with what is listed on cinemax.com. Tech Support said it was a problem with something at my house.  I know that's not the case because my father who lives 10 miles away has the same problem. Is anybody else missing these updates too?

0 Likes