On Demand Problems
jmcbryde

For about a month now we have had trouble playing anything on demand.  Pay-per-view, free HD shows, free SD shows....nothing works.  Everytime we try to play something it starts skipping and it's unwatchable.

I've tried resetting the modem and the set top box (on demand doesn't work on all 4 boxes).  Finally I called last night.  First the automated system reset the modem and box, it didn't resolve the issue.  I then talked to a rep.  She was nice but didn't seem to know what the problem was and couldn't resolve the issue.  I was put on hold several times while she tried to figure it out but I was not happy with her solution.  She said it could be an issue with the new guide they put out and to wait 24-48 hours and try again.  This is unacceptable, it's an issue that has happen basically every night we've tried to watch something. 

Is there an issue with On Demand content that neither of us are aware of?  Is there something we can do to fix it so we can actually watch something or rent a movie?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Problems
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry that you are having on demand problems. It does work with other people who have the upgrade, so we need to look further into your specific problem. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
KLV2

I am having a similar problem with Showtime on Demand.  Other channels seem to work fine.  With Showtime, I start watch a show and the sound starts to stutter and then goes silent until the video catches up.  I've tried on and off for about a week now and the problem continues.

Odd that it's only Showtime, but it's happening on all of my TVs/STBs.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

@KLV wrote:

I am having a similar problem with Showtime on Demand.  Other channels seem to work fine.  With Showtime, I start watch a show and the sound starts to stutter and then goes silent until the video catches up.  I've tried on and off for about a week now and the problem continues.

Odd that it's only Showtime, but it's happening on all of my TVs/STBs.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Whitesel33

I can't buy or rent on demand without delays, pixelation, etc.

Sick of this. DOn't want to reset my box and all the other things that don't fix the problem.

Please send someone out to fix this.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
KimHB

I am having the same problem and have been having it since I got FIOS.  The problem has persisted with the free on demand programs that I have not even tried to purchase a program since I am not going to be able to see it anyway. 

I have reset my boxes and that worked once but no longer.  Is there a long term solution for this problem?

0 Likes
allalyssa

I have had problems now for the last 4 nights trying to use my On Demand...I can get into the menu, but when I select a show to watch I keep getting the same error.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

It says, "Your selection is not available.  Please make another selection. [VOD_212]  

It doesn't matter what I select, I keep getting the same error.  I have tried resetting the box.  

0 Likes
Cruizin596
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same thing.  It generally happens after midnight and can last for hours.  I have had it happen every day of the week and I am more than frustrated.  This is a service that I pay for an I expect to have it available ON DEMAND!  If this is due to updating, they should announce it - day,  time and duration.  I am ready to demand a credit for all the times I have tried to access this service an been unable to due to Verizon's **bleep** poor service.

RG41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a similar issue. On demand free tv shows will come up with an error that says I don't have enough credit. Why would I need a credit in my account if its free?

Frustrating especially when you pay for a service and would like to use it.

Free should be free.

I've reset the set top box already and that didn't work. All I got was a screaming child who wanted to watch his show.

I don't have the time to sit on the phone or wait for repair people, for the $150 a month I pay I should have the service.

Barton289

We are experiencing the same issues as described above, except the message states we are not subscibed to our premium channels for on demand - but my itemized bill clearly says we are subscribed.  We pay a signifiant amount/month and are not able to access the services (on demand) sometimes we are not able to access our premium channels, etc.. The most frustrating part is to not be provided with effective customer service to solve the issue in a timely manner (we've currently been on hold for 30 minutes and are still waiting for a representative to pick up) and this is the 5th or 6th time we've called with the same issue. 

0 Likes