On Demand Viewing - Ridiculous Delays in Program Availability
avanmore

Why is Verizon largely incapable of having programs available next day after airing?  Comcast Xfinity, for all its many faults, was quite reliable on this aspect.  We'd hoped to watch the new season Doctor Who aired on 8/23/14 via FIOS Mobile while visiting family.  Our account has BBC America.  However, the family member visited was also a FIOS customer but their subscription did not include BBC and the app is apparently programmed to exclude a travelling customer's lineup in favor of a local STB.  Not  a big problem if we could view the program the next day via ON DEMAND.  But, no.  While Comcast customers can view newly aired programs the day after airing, Verizon FiOS customers are not so blessed.  We have to wait two to three days, sometimes longer, to watch content we've paid to see.  And, due to Verizon , we have to endure constant stoppage on content from Netlix, who've already given in to have Verizon stop throttling Netflix signal.  Maybe time to go back to Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Viewing - Ridiculous Delays in Program Availability
Shellyfish3
I feel your pain. I've been a Verizon customer for just over a year and I'm counting down the days until my contract expires. I've been waiting for the 10/15 episode of American Horror Story to appear but here we are 5 days later and nothing. Same for the 10/16 episodes of Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder. Comcast has all 3 available for viewing the next day. It doesn't make sense.
0 Likes
Re: On Demand Viewing - Ridiculous Delays in Program Availability
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think comcast does its own.

Verizon waits until its made available to them.  And For some channels the agreement doesn't make available for the first week.

0 Likes