Re: Why are shows on OnDemand pay only?
RobS888
Enthusiast - Level 2

That filter only works for a single year of a show and isn't remembered if you go back into the same menu.

That should be a global setting...

Didn't they test this crap?

0 Likes
Re: 2 complaints.
DillonJM
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is a bogus answer and you know it. I have had verizon for many years and USED to be able to watch any older series if I wanted to catch up. We are already paying for a service provider so to tell its because the vendor is charging us is bogus. Bad business model by verizon and this should be the finally nail in the coffin as I move to netflix and some others.

Re: 2 complaints.
DillonJM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bogus answer and you sound like a verizon apologist or employee. We already pay for a service. If verizon has to charge extra for shows now, then rework the overall package price so that people dont feel like they are getting ripped off. I pay for premium channels and was always able to watch older seasons if there was a series I wanted to catch up on. Why should I have to pay again? Its a bad business model and not our fault verizon is either greedy or bad at negiotiating with the networks. In the end, it will be verizon who suffers with great new content on amazon and netflix (especially with their new whole season avail at once model).

Stop posting the same apologist stuff for verizon. They need to pay the bill on this one. AND the new VOD format stinks.. Its like the common core of cable browsing formats.. Get your stuff together

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Rainorshine
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm really angry that we have paid $260.00 each month for 7 years for our Verizon bundle and out of the blue we now have to pay to watch on demand episodes of shows on channels we pay for as part of our package. I have seen several commentors describe it as double dipping. I called and complained. It defies logic that I can watch the episode for free if I am home at 9 pm but if I want to watch it at 11 pm I am penalized and charged $1.99 per episode.  I also mentioned to Verizon that I did not receive any notice of the change in my contract/service terms. Irksome. 

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
ashes2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just came to the forums looking for an answer to this question as well.  I just got the new menu layout and saw they wanted me to pay $1.99 to watch an episode of The Bachelor.  Obviously I'm not paying a penny more for this TV service.  It's already well over $100 a month.

I just wanted to share a solution that works for many channels.  Go to the channel online (abc.com / fox.com / hbogo.com, etc.) and select the TV episode there.  Then stream it to your TV via a Chromecast / Amazon Fire.  In the past I've found many episodes are available online before they're available On Demand anyway.  The newest episodes require you verify your Verizon subscription, but they sure as hell don't charge money.

midnitestich1
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all the new menu is not user friendly. I don't know where they get off stating a new simplier menu..it's slow too. There was NOTHING wrong with the old one. I also would like to know why I'm being charged to watch certain episodes on demand, yet those same episodes I can pull up on my Fios Mobile app on my cell and watch for free. That's messed up! 

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I'm not at all happy about this, because I believe it is unethical.

I filed a complaint already.

We are now being double charged and Verizon is blaming the networks.  Our contract is with Verizon so this is their fault.

Verizon has wonderful support on Twitter and they confirmed that it's the networks charging.  Again, I'm in contract with Verizon and Verizon negotiates with the networks.  

Verizon can't decide to just cut our services and charge the same amount.  

Very unhappy and disappointed.  I also am not sure they can just double charge us.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Think of how much it would cost Verizon if they had to eat that charge.

They can't help it if the content providers decide to add a fee for their content.
And I have read it is happening on other cable systems as well.

They are either trying to drive people to their websites, or streaming services IMHO.

0 Likes
Re: 2017 on demand fees
tekola1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to my Roku TV and watch Emerald CIty for free again.

Re: "Alternative Facts"
tekola1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not the channel.  Its Verizon.  I watch free TV (NBC, HBO, etc.) on my Roku-enabled TV (using my Verizon account).  At least until Verizon catches on.