Re: "Alternative Facts"
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you watching it on the app of the content provider?

If so, they could be choosing to charge cable companies but allowing it for free on their own app.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
popi1

ShortyB. I agree with you. Seems like a real rip-off! Greed I guess. Like to hear what Verizion has to say about it.  Popi

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I'm furious about this. I rely on the OnDemand service because I can't always be home to watch the shows.

Verizon is saying it's the networks.  I already pay an additional fee for these "networks" like Syfy, HBO, Showtime, STARZ etc.

So, if these channels are going to "double charge" me, I will be giving them and their shows up and I will find a new provider.

This cannot be legal.  You cannot charge me for a channel and then charge me to watch the show!

And this isn't only for last year's shows.  They are doing it on SyFy for this years The Expanse.  If I've watched the episode, then they charge me to watch it again.  So basically, only one person in my household can watch the show without paying a second fee.

Who do you all think you are that you can do this?  What ethics class did you attend? 

I'm very close to just giving it all up.   I don't need to deal with thieves.

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

My contract is with Verizon. If Verizon doesn't know how to negotiate with the networks I'd be happy to help. 

They changed their services with no notice to us. So we are paying twice for shows?

Im certainly not doing this. If I have to switch to internet I will. 

Re: 2 complaints.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Totally agree with you. 

Move filed a complaint with the attorney general 

on top of charging twice they didn't even inform us. 

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Exactly. 

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I guess I work for Verizon and think it's ok that we pay twice for shows?

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry, I guess you work for Verizon and think it's ok for us to pay twice for shows? 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No to both.

Have you tried contacting the content provider?

Other people have posted that they see similar charges for this content on other cable providers. Can't say that it is all, and I don't have access to another provider to verify.

So either all of them have decided to charge users for content or it is in fact the content providers.

0 Likes
Re: TOTALLY DISGUSTED w On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree completely.  Makes no sense which leads me to doubt what anyone at Verizon tells you.  Anytime I've had an issue, Verizon blames the the networks.  They always come up with some excuse as to why we are not getting the service we pay for whether it's now this new ON DEMAND fiasco, or channels being removed or not getting HD or not getting what we signed up for in general.  I would quit Verizon in a heartbeat if there was an open market for competition.  Unfortunately, most cities and states have few alternatives.   Furthermore, none of the providers take responsibility for their faulty installation or their equipment, which they now say is ours - forcing subscribers to pay for service.  

Cable was originally supposed to be commercial free but commercials take up almost half of the programming time so maybe a DVR is the only solution.  If Hulu, Netflix and others are also getting pricey, there are a few options like  libraries have many tv shows and movies for free and my library now offers a free online service for many types of programs.  One thing I won't do is pay for on demand programs that I'm already paying for in my monthly bill.