Re: 2 complaints.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I agree.  The new interface is just horrible. 

They obviously fid did this just so they could charge for On demand. 

The only result they they will see if loss of customers. 

Re: Why are shows on OnDemand pay only?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

One way to confirm is to ask someone that has abnother cable provider.

Ask them to check the same shows you are seeing that Verizon is charging for to see if their provider has them for free.

Some have reported in this thread that their comparison shows charges across other providers.

One reason for content providers to charge is to drive people to either their website or other streaming services that are paying them.

All about the money.

Shameful charging for no-commercial On-Demand
Jim_G1
Enthusiast - Level 1

FiOS gets enough money, but evidently not enough. The current trend of charging $2 for an on-demand version of a network program without commercials without offering a free, with commercial option, is just a shameful nickel and diming of your customers. Commercial free on-demand viewing should be an option, not the only choice.

Re: Shameful charging for no-commercial On-Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is already a lengthy thread on this.

Verizon has said it is the content providers not them that are charging.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Jim_G1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree and it is absolutely pathetic on Verizon's part. If you want to offer a version without commercials that you pay for is fine, but to not offer a free version at all? Shameful. Especially when it is done ad-hoc on the popular shows. Doesn't Verizon get enough from it's customers? How about setting a trend for once instead of following one? Stop gouging your customers.

Re: Why are shows on OnDemand pay only?
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon gave us no notice of this and they are charging for channels I pay extra for so sorry, your explanation doesn't fly. 

Indont care are of my show is commercial free so I'd rather watch commercials than pay Verizon one more penny than I am now. 

All this his has done is assured that I will not renew my contract with Verizon.  

When I get a new service and they are charging for On a demand then I will at least know that up front. I hate dishonesty. 

On Demand
beaches2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Fios consumer for at least 15 years.  Now it seems that the corporation is adding another glitch to the consumer's bill which includes "free on-demand"  ... tacking a $2.99 charge to watch a network TV show that one may have missed due to work or travel!  Your "My Verizon" website clearly states "free" relative to on demand  and now you have another added charge?  I spoke with a representative about this today after seeing $ signs appear beside a show I was not able to view last night.  Come to find out that it will now cost me $2.99 to watch this 40 minute network TV show "because the network wants the fee."  I went throughout the on-demand feature and the dollar signs are everywhere within network channels' broadcasting!!!  How can you possibly justify and get away with charging me $140 a month for TV service, including on demand (free?) and tack on added fees to watch what I missed!  Do NOT suggest a DVR ... I refuse to pay you folks another penny for that rental!  This is criminal and I am SO ready to dump Verizon because I refuse to be duped by this company.  This is fraudulent to me without a doubt.  If this isn't resolved back to what it's always been, I'm done w/Verizon!

Re: On Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As has been stated before, it is the content providers wanting to charge.

Have you expressed your outrage to them?

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

My contract is not with the networks it's with Verizon. 

Verizon needs to negotiate better because they sure do charge me enough to find good negotiators.

Verizon blaming the networks is absolute hogwash. They made the interface that enables this double charging to take place.

Or or was it a coincidence that the new interface arrived along with the double charging?  

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Write to your attorney general. I did. Waiting on the outcome. 

0 Likes