Re: On Demand charges
VODSucksNow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hate the new VOD format. Really hard to navigate and now have to pay for missed shows that we never had to before. Sounds like a money grab.

Re: On Demand
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Please write to the Attorney General. I think this is the only way to right this wrong. 

Also Twitter is very useful. I tweeted to AMC TV to let them know they are being blamed for charging. 

Makes no sense for AMC to charge.  It only means I won't watch their shows. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charges
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

thats all they advertise!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

And what was AMC response?

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Chris96z
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tell me then, since you're so confident in believing everything Verizon feeds you, how do you possibly explain 98% of the "networks" magically deciding to charge customers for channels they already pay for? Not 1 network, not 5 not 10 HUNDREDS. All on the exact same day? All coincidentally on that exact same day that Verizon changed & updated its on demand service?

report them to the BBB and your attorney generals office.  This is blatantly double dipping and Verizon is completely out of control.  

No human alive is dumb & gullible enough to believe Verizon blaming the networks their screw ups. 

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

No reply yet and not sure they will but if they see the tweet they know they are being blamed by Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

That's correct Chris. 

I hope everyone complains to attorney general and I forgot about BBB. I will do that today. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No reason for personal attacks.

Verizon reported that the latest vod release put pay episodes in with the free ones.

under the previous vod, they were separate.

the fact that others have stated they see similar episodes for a fee on other providers is another clue.

I have yet to see a contractual obligation that Verizon has breached. It may be poor customer service, but not fraud IMHO.

0 Likes
Re: on demand
Heddenup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing is happening to me. Verizon tells me the networks are charging for the episodes. I am even getting charges for my premium channels THAT I ALREADY PAY EXTRA FOR. This is definitely double dipping and unacceptable. Why am I being charged to watch episodes of STARZ shows and HBO shows when I already pay for them? I pay over 200 dollars a month for my cable service and my extra paid channels. I can watch the episodes on my computer for FREE. Luckily I have a smart tv and can get around it by adding the app and watching through the app. Literally so stupid. It definitely has to do with verizon and I feel they are lying when they say the fees are coming from the specific channels. If STARZ wanted to charge ADDITIONALLY  for episodes, they wouldn't be free online through my provider. WHY would I have to pay again to watch a series that I ALREADY PAY EXTRA FOR?  Verizon needs to fix this problem. If not, we will be switching providers and/or giving up cable altogether. 

Heddenup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also called and complained and used the term double dipping. Didn't help one bit. They kept telling me the fees are coming from the channel. Why would I pay for HBO and STARZ package and then have to pay extra? Isn't that the whole point of paying for the channel? Verizon is losing my business

0 Likes