Fios Changes
rickteacher
Enthusiast - Level 1

Originally, the promise of cable TV was that for a price there would be programming without commercials. While that promise didn't last long, at least with on-demand service the commercials were limited and bearable. However, recently Fios has made changes in its on-demand program selection that has brought back commercials with a vengeance (and at an additional cost). Popular recently aired programs run with a full commercial load, those a few weeks old require additional money, and a host of other older additional programs are available at an extra charge. Exactly, what am I getting for the additional on-demand cost? What I know is this: I'm paying the same money for a poorer product without being consulted. (Not a good business strategy.) With the additional program offerings, Verizon has the opportunity to improve its product and widen its appeal. What does it do instead? Weaken its product, sour its customers, and throws the door wide open for its competitors.

Re: Fios Changes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Commercials are coming from the content providers, not Verizon.

I am out of town and my in-laws have cox.

they have some of thee same limited episode selections you see on FiOS and these have commercials as well.

0 Likes
Video on demand free selection is non-existant
nevernothinon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Coming from Comcast (I made the switch the other day) Verizon's free on demand movies and TV programs from channels that I'm already subscribed to is so bad. There is nothing there.  Comcast offers hundreds and hundreds of free videos while Verizon has about 100 total with all genres combined.  And half a dozen programs in each network like Discovery, History, etc..  

Anyone else move from Comcast?  Very disappointing service.  I'll go back to CC just for this reason...

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
anni12261
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Johne wrote:

I just found out the same information.  Was told nothing can be done about it for now except complain.  I sure Conmcast would welcome my business.

I really miss Comcast. As soon as my contract w/ Fios is done, I'm going straight back to them. BIG mistake. The quality of the interface, content, pop up ads, missing lists of shows instead of trying to read the show advertisement tiles. Comcast is everything that Verizon isn't. AND, no charge ever for a channel you're already paying for. In other words, no games and hidden reduction of functionality.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
anni12261
Enthusiast - Level 2

I watch Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu. Because Fios user interface is so confusing and they are dishonest about collecting additional fees, I hardly watch TV at all. Just counting days until the contract expires.

0 Likes
Re: 2 complaints.
anni12261
Enthusiast - Level 2

The text is so small, even with the large font setting, that I have to walk up to the tv to see what's going on. Showing the cover advertising instead of a simple list of shows is madness. If you want to watch a show that begins with a z, you'll be sitting there slowly scrolling (because the app is so slow) for 2 minutes to get to the end of the list.

0 Likes
Re: "Alternative Facts"
anni12261
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, this is happening directly from Fios on demand, not on the network apps. We are being double charged and the selection of what we are made to pay for is capricious and inconsistent, like a wolf waiting to jump out from behind a tree.

0 Likes
Re: Why are shows on OnDemand pay only?
anni12261
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems like Quality Assurance was on vacation the day they released the current user interface.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charges
stevNdiM

like Syfy Hunter & AMC Humans? I thought there was someting wrong with my setup. Becuse we don't pay enought already!

0 Likes
Re: The rising additional OnDemand fees for watching TV Series!
stevNdiM

so what's the solution? swith to direct TV?

0 Likes