Re: Video on demand free selection is non-existant
stevNdiM

Thanks, I'm going to check into it. I hate this new format, and I'm sick of the extra charges.

0 Likes
Re: Video on demand free selection is non-existant
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon should not be double charging us. 

They say say it's the networks and if that's correct then they need to find people who know how to negotiate. 

We we shouldn't be paying for their mistakes. 

0 Likes
ON DEMAND CHARGES FOR "CATCH UP" SEASON/EPISODES
graceland1
Enthusiast - Level 1

When did FIOS start  charging to watch "catch up" seassons/episodes of TV shows?  Reason for the change when it used be for free? 

Re: On Demand charges
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Others have reported that they only see the same free content Verizon has on other providers. Its content providers that are limiting what is available for free on VOD not the cable providers.

0 Likes
Charging for On Demand Episodes/Programs
Ronay55
Enthusiast - Level 1

There must be a way we can put together an official community complaint about the extra charges Verizon is now instituting for "On Demand" episodes/programs. It is ludicrous to pay for something we already pay for! We would need a huge amount of participation. Does anyone in the community have experience putting together this sort of protest?  

0 Likes
Charges for On Demand
Ronay55
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still irritated about Verizon charging us for "On Demand" episodes/programs. We signed up and already pay for this service. This is unethical to the max, especially since the charges just appeared, with no alert or opt-out choice. 

The extra charge should immediately be removed. 

Re: Charges for On Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I (and others) have stated that Verizon is not charging for any on demand themselves.

They pass through the content as proscribed in their contracts.

I have looked at a couple of other providers recently (COX and Xfinity).

Where Verizon will show maybe 4 free episodes and others for a fee, the others just show the 4 free episodes.

When Verizon made the VOD change, they lumped the free content in with the pay content.

Maybe could have done a better job of stating that up front, but that is what happened.

0 Likes
On Demand Charges
chenille1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started watching Younger on Demand .When I got to Episode 8 Season One.I found out I had to start paying..Gets me very angry.Makes me wish I had RCN in my area.  I already pay Verizon through the nose .Why do they charge for On demand...Oh thats a silly question..

Re: On Demand Charges
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you read my previous post?

It is the content providers that govern which episodes are free and which are for a fee.

0 Likes
Re: Charges for On Demand
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon called and apologized to me.

She said that complaints to the attorney general might work as they are becoming more numerous. 

Im in if you generate a protest. Maybe a petition? 

0 Likes