Re: On Demand Charges
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

People will only read what they want to read and will not get it in there head that VERIZON IS NOT DOING THIS THE CONTENT PROVIDERS ARE! My neighbor has Xfinity and friend of mine has Broadstripe BOTH are charging just like Verizon.

The people who STILL think its Verizon call the content providers and post your complaint.

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Totally understand that it's not Verizon but our contracts are with and we pay Verizon. 

Therefroe Verizon needs to negotiate better with the networks or owners as I was was told by a network that it's the owners. 

Here's a big notice to the owners. I'm not paying twice and will simply drop shows that expect me to pay double to watch. 

I think thats why Verizon said writing to the attorney genrrnal might work because it's not Verizon and the owners perhaps should not be allowed to do this. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

But if the content providers are doing the same across all services, why do you blame Verizon for not negotiating well?

And under what grounds can the attorney general do anything?

Nothing in your contract guarantees access to all content.

It says there is on demand.

I believe some of this has to do with content providers monetizing everything they can.

They also are trying to reach out to those who have cut the cord and are paying for streaming services. Why are streaming services going to pay top dollar if people can get content free on demand? Or in the case of CBS, have their own pay streaming service.

We may not like it, but its not criminal.

And how many people are hitting the content providers on social media asking why they are charigng for their content?

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

If it's not illegal to charge someone twice for access to shows then I don't know what is. 

They aren't only charging for past seasons they are charging for current season. 

And the end result is that I'm just giving up shows I can't keep up with until I switch my services.  

Nothing will make me pay twice. 

I guess in the end everyone loses anand that includes the networks/shows etc. 

On demand
Rgrabinska

Why are many on demand options no longer free?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Reid171

What's this new charge I'm see on demand for certain episodes. I already pay for all the channels it's not good business to now start charging for certain episodes on demand.  I'll just go to comcast if this keeps occurring. It's crazy. How much more money can you get out of this situation?  It's unethical. 

0 Likes
VOD seriously degraded
r_6

I have noticed a dramatic change in video on demand.  Everything that was previously free now has a $ next to it, indicating it will cost money--including HBO shows and I pay for HBO.  When I can play VOD, it comes in SDTV.  I pay for HDTV and HBO.  **bleep**?  I renewed based on the previouisly available items and this change happened at the exact time that I signed another two year contract.  

0 Likes
Paying for shows
TOMC21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been watching "Better Call Saul" and when I went to watch it last night. it wanted me to pay $1.99 to watch it. Never had to pay before. Why do I have to pay now?

Re: Paying for shows
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several threads on thios.

AMC (in this instance) has passed along a fee to Verizon.

Most content providers (in my experience but it is limited) allow 3-4 of the latest episodes to be free. Anything after that, would be for a fee.

Some may be charging for the latest episode at first, but then offer it for free.

One of the things that is making this confusing is that last Verizon VOD release put the free episodes together with the pay ones. So it appears that Verizon started charging for episodes when in fact they were available for a fee all along, just in a different list.

And others have reported they see similar charges on other cable providers.

0 Likes
Re: Paying for shows
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

We used to be able to watch everything for free. For instance I watched series that had aired years before on STARZ. 

Now we pay

and I won't be watching anything I have to pay extra for.