Re: Verizon Premium Package
Rose2k3
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading all the complaints about the same issue, I am seriously considering getting rid of Verizon and going with another cable company.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon (and other cable companies) have no control over when movies move to premium channels.

What you are seeing, IMHO, is that movies are coming out earlier and earlier on demand than they used to.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you know someone that has your other choice, I would have them do a few checks to see if they have shows that are free on their network that are showing as for a fee on Verizon. Some have checked and seen that shows are equal (not to say that some other companies may have other content, but just comparing free to for a fee).

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Charges
mumma44

You aren't really answering the question. Are you saying that "all" outside providers are all of a sudden charging for past season viewing of a channel we already subscribe to?

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I'm giving up all shows that I can't keep up with. So if it is the networks or show owners charging they lose too, along with me. 

And when I move I'll be looking into Hulu or whatever.

Done with this nonsense. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. This vod update put episodes that are available for a fee together with those that are available for free.

so it appears to be they are now charging, but they are just more visible.

That being said, it is possible that some content providers are changing what content they are charging for.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Incorrect CRob

All episodes on STARZ, Syfy, etc were free. They did not charge until Verizon changed to this horrible new interface.

I know this to be fact because I don't have a lot of time and I watched a lot of older shows and full seasons for free. 

Verizon should remember, 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' 

0 Likes
FrankieX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you work for Verizon or just like to stick up for huge corporations who suck our pockets dry every chance they get? I don't care who's actually charging us, it's Verizon's job to negotiate the best deal they can for it's customers with the providers. My wife and I couldn't wait for Better Call Saul, but we intentionally missed a few so we could binge on it for an entire night, then I find out it's now two bucks an episode. Now we are waiting for season 3 to hit Netflix-  we won't pay it, period! And after this contract is up, we are seriously considering going basic cable and all else Netflix.

0 Likes
FrankieX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

We all have lives outside of TV, maybe you don't??? I do not have the time or psatience to sit here and call/email every network that produces a show I like. TV is just not that important, in fact, it's mostly crap anyway. Verizon is the agent between us and the providers, they are doing a lousy job getting the best deals for their customers. So is Comcast and any other cable or Dish network, lousy job! Stop scolding people who just want what we paid for in the first place!

0 Likes
FrankieX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're just waiting until they hit Netflix now, even if it takes an extra 6 months or year. TV is just becoming more frustrating and less important because of crap like this!

0 Likes