Re: On Demand Charges
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just a customer like you.

Just stating that your blame may be misplaced.

Verizon (along with other companies) pass through the VOD content they receive.

Earlier in this thread, some have stated they check other providers and they see charges for similar episodes.

ANd yes, streaming servicces are cheaper. But like you stated, you have wait several months for it to be available. You also want to check to see what options AMC might have available for streaming as well.

0 Likes
New on demand set up
Mbeez17

Am I the only one who thinks the new on demand set up is absolutely horrible. It takes forever to load and doesn't have as much free content

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CDOsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, it's not just "new" episodes they're charging for.  Apparently SYFY On Demand is considered "Premium On Demand".  Since my package already includes SYFY, I asked why, when I binge watched "Killjoys" season 1 last night it was free, no this morning, both seasons 1 and 2 are $2.99 for each episode.  What changed from last night?  I was told it was my "intro period".  Various episodes of "The Expanse" are a mixed bag of "free" and "pay".  Hell, at $2.99 for each episode of season 2, that would be $29.90 and I could buy the Blu-Ray from Amazon for $14.99, get it overnight, watch it, and throw it away and I'd still be ahead.

I have no idea if this is Verizon's structure or the vendor's pricing scheme but they are not getting another dime from me for On Demand.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I've given up every show that they think they can charge me twice for. 

Verizon has not made any friends with this new charge and interface. 

Only started when verizon changed the app to the horrible interface we have now so I don't want to hear that it's the networks. Verizon enabled this. 

0 Likes
Re: New On Demand Screen and Pricing
Chuck325
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon should put a stop to this preactice. I know for myself that I'm already paying a big price every month for this service. And part of that service I've always had access to network TV shows. I'm not going be paying for them now. nor will I subscribe to the providers streaming service. I suspect Verizon is going to lose a lot of customers. Maybe it's time to check out Comcast.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Chuck325 wrote:

Verizon should put a stop to this preactice. I know for myself that I'm already paying a big price every month for this service. And part of that service I've always had access to network TV shows. I'm not going be paying for them now. nor will I subscribe to the providers streaming service. I suspect Verizon is going to lose a lot of customers. Maybe it's time to check out Comcast.

Please do check with someone using Comcast.  Most people who check find the same shows charged By Verizon and Comcast.  If its not than maybe we have something to ask Verizon to correct.  Yes they had made some mistakes in their On-demand offerings.

0 Likes
Exoptimum
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Everyone,

i just switched from optimum last week. If Verizon is claiming it's the channels who are doing this, that is INCORRECT. Optimum DID NOT charge subscribers to watch new episodes and neither did the networks. If I had known about this, I NEVER would have switched. Also, you can only record 3 shows at once.

very frustrated that I signed up for this nonsense! Talk about a bait and switch!

felicity

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

To be clear, Verizon has grouped paid content with free content.

If you know someone who is still on Optimum, compare a VOD episode that is for a fee on Verizon and free on Optimum. Post the show and episode please.

As for recording, I assume you have Quantum?

It supports up to 6 tuners.

It depends on how many IPCs you ahve and if they are in use as to how many shows you can record at one time.

I have 3 IPCs. I can record from 2 -6 shows at one time depending on how many tuners are in use.

0 Likes
I am a HBO subscriber and suddenly I have to pay for episodes of HBO On Demand content
Delita08
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I pay for HBO, which means I should have access to HBO On Demand content, right? Well, I suddenly don't. Starting about a week ago, I began watching Rome. It's an old HBO show. But when I tried to watch it tonight, every single episode is only available for purchase only. Why is this happening? Will this be resolved?

This is a grave inconvience to me. I suppose I could watch it on HBO Go, but I want to watch it on my new TV, not my laptop. 

Re: I am a HBO subscriber and suddenly I have to pay for episodes of HBO On Demand content
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your new TV a smart tv with apps? If so, it probably has a HBO Go app that you can use to watch content.

0 Likes