Re: I am a HBO subscriber and suddenly I have to pay for episodes of HBO On Demand content
Magowin

I just recently switched from Optimum to Fios and this is the only thing I don't like about the switch. I'm getting 4 times faster internet, more pay channels and pay $100 less than I was a month. I would never switch back to Optimum just over this on demand issue but it is a negative. Also my Optimum service was horrible internet went down 2-4 hours a day and that was with the supplied signal booster and 3 others I added on top of that one just to get the TV picture from studdering. We called them numerous times and they never did come fix it right. The prob was probably on the box end and they wouldn't replace it cause it would be too much.

0 Likes
Re: I am a HBO subscriber and suddenly I have to pay for episodes of HBO On Demand content
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

FIOS has not made any friends with this double charging. 

The second i can i will leave FIOS

I will not pay twice for service. 

Its basically cheating. 

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Point is if we pay for HBO we should not have to pay TWICE!

I really don't understand how anyone can condone Verizon for charging for something twice. Why would you?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not condoning it.

As I understand it, option to charge for content is from content provider.

I haven't seen an example yet where someone can show that other providers have content for free but is only available for a fee on Verizon.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Does it really matter what others do?

Until Verizon gave us this horrible interface we never had to double pay for anything. They changed the interface and now even though I pay for HBO, Showtime, SYFY etc I have to pay to watch past shows. 

Ive given uo up every show that charges twice so if it's the networks that's really dumb on their part. 

And as as I said didn't happen until the interface was degraded to what it is now. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Trying to compare apples to apples.

What Verizon did was put pay content alongside of free content.

So as I have found so far, VVerizon is not showing charges for any content that others are not.

So if you click the show only free content, then you will see what you saw before.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I have to disagree with you here because there wasn't anything to pay for before. It was all free except On Demand movies from FIOS 

Now I would never get an On Demand movie I'd buy it at B&N before I gave FIOS one extra penny. 

Thats what happens when you double charge people. They get angry. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Hfeiwus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm very frustrated with the new search system Verizon has. And can't believe how I'm being nickel and dimed for shows when I'm already paying for the service. 

Does anybody have a decent email address to complain to. I'm tired of talking to a computer. Getting ready to tell Verizon "syanara"

0 Likes
Hfeiwus
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you separate the free from the pay programs

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you select a program on VOD, there is an option to view all content or only free content.

At this time, you have to do that every time you select a program.

In addition, paid content will have a $ next to it.