Re: I am a HBO subscriber and suddenly I have to pay for episodes of HBO On Demand content
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MJNY wrote:

I have to disagree with you here because there wasn't anything to pay for before. It was all free except On Demand movies from FIOS 

Now I would never get an On Demand movie I'd buy it at B&N before I gave FIOS one extra penny. 

Thats what happens when you double charge people. They get angry. 

I assure that I saw HBO ppv before when I was Verizon.  And still do (I am now Frontier and not Verizon).

The big thing that make it appear more obvious is that the Verizon interface was changed to mix the PPV with Free offerings.  Frontier still has them seperate.

0 Likes
Re: Why are shows on OnDemand pay only?
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's true most people can't be home every day or night and will miss a favorite show but what about those people who work nights.  You miss just about every show when you work nights and we are not paying to watch what we already are paying for.  I crazily thought Verizon was getting better until they did this and also changed the whole ON DEMAND layout.  It's so frustrating and time consuming to go thru the array of choices that it's hardly ever worth it.  I use the SEARCH option instead but who knows how long that'll last.

If Verizon doesn't let me watch the shows I pay for when I want to watch them then they really aren't worth it.   Verizon ... you're just a bunch of greedy you know whats and you have such great potential - what a waste!

0 Likes
Re: New On Demand Screen and Pricing
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Regarding "you can watch the shows you missed on line"... not always.  I haven't tested this extensiveley but tonight, I went to BBC America to catch Series 3 Episode 1 because I missed it and it's blocked.  Why BBC won't allow you to see all of their series' episodes is beyond me.  It's almost as if they don't care either.  Why put a limitation on watching any episode of any series they are currently airing?  Thanks a lot BBC - I didn't even know that Broadchurch was renewed for a 3rd series so if I can't see episode 1, I won't be watching the rest of them either.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe the networks have some play in this whole charging for ON DEMAND... BUT I tend not to believe anything Verizon tells you.  It doesn't make sense for a network to not get as many viewers as possible for their shows whether live or on demand because their advertisers are paying for that exposure.  Most of what's on is pretty trashy anyway and  I'm just glad there is TCM as well as a lot of the free broadcast channels that have popped up over recent years.  

I will gladly contact those networks I care about when possible to let them know that this practice is unfair but if you've ever tried to get thru to them, you'll see how difficult that is - like getting thru to Verizon LOL.

0 Likes
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

You wrote to AG in April.  Have you gotten any feedback?  Would be interesting to know if there is some light at the end of the Verizon tunnel.

0 Likes
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does Verizon stand up for its customers??????   NO

0 Likes
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK so you're not a VZ employee but really, is it necessary to defend VZ when they are and always have been very greedy.  Maybe charging for on demand is not fraud but it is a matter of fairness and ethics.  Do you really think VZ customers should just sit back and accept being double charged because that's what it is.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, we all signed an agreement with VZ but we, the customers, are the only ones who have to live up to it.  Verizon doesn't.   They indiscriminantly remove channels from the pkg you signed up for and they blame that on the network too even though the channel(s) still exist in another pkg - usually higher priced.  And then within the term of your so-called contract, they just up the fee for the boxes with no explanation - just business.  You may be free to voice your opinion but VZ doesn't deserve it.

0 Likes
Re: I am a HBO subscriber and suddenly I have to pay for episodes of HBO On Demand content
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I have no idea what you were paying for extra but I used to watch a lot of old shows for free on HBO, STARZ, etc. 

Now they are even charging for new shows so if I can't keep up I give up the show. 

Everyine loses. 

Verizon is double dipping and I do t care if it's the networks, Verizon or God all I know is that I'm having to pay twice.  

As as soon as I can I will NEVER use Verizon again and I used to think they were great. 

Wondering if whatever extra money they are making is with the bad blood. 

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

No light. Just got a response saying that they contacted Verizon. 

more people need to write to really make an impact. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My point of posting is that Verizon may not be making a dime off these shows.

If the content provider is the one that is charging, why blame Verizon?

That's like blaming the travel agent because you have to pay baggage fees.

Has anyone tried complaing to a content provider to get their response?

I have seen people post that when they look (albeit only a few cases) at offerings of other cable providers, it is the same as what Verizon has. Only visual difference is that Verizon (along with others I believe) used to segregated free content from paid.

Verizon made a choice to put them all together so that you could see all of your options.

0 Likes