Re: Hate Verizon On Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So I just checked my on demand.

I see all 5 episodes of American Housewife as free for the current season.
Season 1 has a charge.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
hlc97

I started having this issue for the first time just recently and I think it has to be a bug.  For me, there is no rhyme or reason to what is free and what is not.  For example, for the new season of Arrow, the first and third (really recent) episodes are free, but the second is not free.  Similar oddball examples for other shows.

Doesn't anyone or Verizon have a workaround or any information about resolving this?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

They will tell you that it’s the networks who set the charges. 

Ive tried quite a bit complaining and tbh they don’t care.

im looking forward to moving and never using Verizon again.

its really sad, because I used to think Verizon was great until this On Demand double charging began.  

I wonder if if this was worth it for Verizon. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before you move, I would suggest you see if the other provider offers more content free (ie episodes that show a charge on Verion).

My understanding is that you will see the same on another provider.

I am visiting my in laws and they have Cox.

From what I have seen, their on demand offerings are on par with what I saw on Verizon.

Haven't done extensive checks, but network shows are about the same.

0 Likes
On Demand
carpsrus

How come some Tv shows that are On Demand require a payment of $ 1.99 ?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

See the thread already posted.

Short answer is that cost is coming from content provider.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Not the point at all. 

Verizon never charged for old episodes until February 2017. So without any notice they just changed my services and now DOUBLE charge me for the channels I already pay for!

If I’m paying for SyFy why do I then have to pay for SyFy shows?  How absurd is that!

This is a pretty simple concept:  double charging. 

If the new provider charges for this at least I’ll know when I sign. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What Verizon did was put paid and free content together.

So before then you may have only seen episodes from current season.

Then you had to go to another portion of on demand menus to find paid episodes.

Now you see them all together.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

For the 100th time, not true. 

I was was able to watch EVERYTHING on channels I pay for FREE. 

I’d really appreciate it if you’d stop saying something that was not true for me. I know what it was because I used On Demand extensively. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may have in the past (I don't have the same memory).

I can tell you by checking on other cable providers, FIOS has similar free offerings.

So it is possible that things have changed amongst a number of content providers to start charging for anything but the most recent episodes.

0 Likes