Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

And again, I never had to pay for On Demand old episodes on all the channels I get via FIOS. NEVER. 

Please stop trying to make up my story because what you are saying is not true for me. 

Really annoying that that I have t keep defending what I know is true. 

This is is not right that you keep doing that. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

We have different recollections.

Unfortunately, neither one of us can prove which is correct.

My bigger point is we are here today.
And from what I have seen, it is the same with other cable providers.

So I would find it highly unlikely that Verizon will go to a system where older episodes are free when most if not all other providers are charging.

You may be upset about it, but I don't think you will find a difference elsewhere.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Please stop telling me what I remember!

I know exactly what I did as I watched DaVinci which was an old series on Starz, for FREE along with many other older series.  All for FREE

Stop telling me what I did.  It's rude!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The point is about the same time as Verizon made its change to their VOD menu, a number of the content provider started charging for some or all of their content.  That is how it is today and for such Verizon is not going to change things.  Verizon knew this was coming and its part of why they redesigned their VOD menu.

Only if you can show that other services, (Spectrum, Comcast, etc) are not charging do you have a chance of getting Verizon to correct a particular show or series.

I am on Frontier FIOS which essentailly uses the old menus.   But I know that before it was changed from Verizon to Frontier, I often saw some epidsode of shows as pay while others were free.  And you even had to be careful if using search to make sure the same show didn't have both a free and pay version.

The change to the menu's came after Verizon sold us to Frontier.

GF80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Only Verizon does this Comcast does not if you pay for that channel everything that channel airs or has ever aired is free on demand... I wish I would have known before I signed up for my contract. This is a huge reason I will return to Comcast once my contract is up. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have asked this a number of times and no one has posted any info.

If you know someone with Comcast, have them check and report an episode that they show as free that Verizon charges for.

I was just at a relatives house that has Cox. Their free content seemed to be inline with what Verizon offers.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

There you go but some don’t want any to believe it. 

Will never use Verizon after I move. 

0 Likes
On Demand TV
fred458

Hi Verizon On Demand Viewers. I'm sending out this message to inquire if other Verizon TV users are getting upset regarding the changes that have been implemented by Verizon as to the viewing of On Demand programs?  When On Demand was initially offered those of us who had premium channels, for which we pay, were offered On Demand as part of our premium channel monthy charge but now no matter what one goes to watch on most premium channels On Demand you are requied to either pay to rent it or pay addition dollars to buy the program series/movies. Is there any point in having OnDemand as part of our premium package if we then have to pay even more each time we use it.  Is there no end to Verizon thinking of ways to increase their revenue?  I have been a Verizon customer on and off for more than 30 years and am so disappointed in not being able to view On Demand without being required to pay additional for everything that I'm considering going another route for TV viewing.  I had to send this out and vent to see if anyone else if feeling the same way about Verizon's practices. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe this is being driven by providers wanting people to use their apps instead of on demand.

I find that HBO Go for example has all of their content available while some is for fee on Verizon (and I believe other providers as well).

CBS has limited free content on demand and almost no free via their app. They really want people to pay for their streaming service.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand TV
Ivan13

So this is my first day with Verizon FIOS and I am shocked that I am being asked to pay for shows on demand on networks I already pay for. For those spreading the **bleep** that is not Verizon but the networks behind this, I was able to watch these same shows on demand for free on Cable yesterday.

0 Likes