Re: On Demand TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which provider and show?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand TV
Ivan13

Optimum cable. For example several of the shows on HGTV such as Fixer Upper, Good Bones.   Interestingly when I filtered the list to only show “free” there was still a charge listed for old episodes of Good Bones. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Chelle3930
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m so very disappointed with Verizon for this new development.  I have loved Fios, after years and years of being taken for a ride by Comcast.  When I moved and had the opportunity to finally sign up for Fios due to availability, I jumped at the chance. I’ve never regretted the change until now.  

I’m surprised that Fios has decided to take advantage of its customers in this manner.  And when looking at it from this new perspective, it doesn’t have any advantage over Comcast.  It makes me rethink my options.   

This is the kind of move one would expect from the monopolizing Comcast, but seriously, I may as well go back to Comcast if I have to pay for ondemand shows for channels I’m already subscribed to.  Especially when it’s just shows from the major networks, ABC NBC CBS. 

Really Verizon?  What are you thinking?!?

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Chelle3930 wrote:

I’m so very disappointed with Verizon for this new development.  I have loved Fios, after years and years of being taken for a ride by Comcast.  When I moved and had the opportunity to finally sign up for Fios due to availability, I jumped at the chance. I’ve never regretted the change until now.  

I’m surprised that Fios has decided to take advantage of its customers in this manner.  And when looking at it from this new perspective, it doesn’t have any advantage over Comcast.  It makes me rethink my options.   

This is the kind of move one would expect from the monopolizing Comcast, but seriously, I may as well go back to Comcast if I have to pay for ondemand shows for channels I’m already subscribed to.  Especially when it’s just shows from the major networks, ABC NBC CBS. 

Really Verizon?  What are you thinking?!?

To date All the shows commented about that are pay on Verizon have been shown to be pay on the other providers as well.  If you have examples where that is not true, mention it with specifics and we will join you in complaining about that show to Verizon.

0 Likes
Ivan13

Later this week I will be at my mother's house - she has the same cable I just got rid of I will compare the shows I think are different. If they are in fact the same, I will happily report back with that information and put this issue to rest (at least for me). If they are however free on cable but charged for on Verizon, your voice in complaining will be welcomed.

0 Likes
On Demand
jlexus0429
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HATE Fios on demand!   They do not give you anything to watch. The latest tv shows cost money to watch. **bleep** is that about?

I just changed from COMCAST. Which is expensive and sucks in other ways but at least I could keep up with the latest TV shows by going on demand and watching them.

just had to rant. Thank you!

Re: On Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What shows are your seeing for a fee that you believe was free on Comcast?

I find most network shows have 3-4 latest episodes for free on Verizon.

0 Likes
Kengrush1
Enthusiast - Level 2

AMC's Better Call Saul is all for pay.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

This is what you now get from Verizon. It’s called double charging. 

You pay pay for the network and then they charge you to watch. 

I do do not understand how this is not illegal.  Or perhaps it is and they are getting away with it. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, there is nothing in the tos that guarantees all content available for free on demand.

CBS offers all their shows for free over the air. But makes you pay to watch lot on their streaming site.

Other content providers appear to be charging for on demand but let you watch for free via their app.

And the fact that content are only available for pay on other providers as well means it is being pushed by the content provider not Verizon and other providers.

0 Likes