Re: On Demand
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I don’t care what other providers are doing. I am currently with FIOS and they are the ones double charging me. 

Why would I care what others do? Not my business. Why you keep touting this line of thought is beyond me. 

Double charging is double charging and Verizon FIOS is the entity that’s charging me. Not the networks. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Exactly. Because of this I will never use Verizon again. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

Two interesting articles.....

"Verizon claims this is not its fault. The company says contracts with the providers now require this and that may be true, because Comcast is the same."

Verizon Mixes it Up on VOD

==============

On Demand charging

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Perhaps Verizon should hire someone who knows how to negotiate. 

How about this:  Verizon’s negotiator tells the networks that Verizon cannot double charge their customers. 

Really simple. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you know they haven't?

The fact this is similar across multiple cable and content providers probably means that they didn't get very far.

Comcast is about 5 times the size of Verizon. And they have paid on demand content.

If anyone should have a better position in neogtiating, it would be them.

Yet they have paid on dmeand content as well.

BTW, are you complaining to the content providers as well?

They are at least as complicit in this issue as Verizon.

Saying that Verizon should negotiate better is not enough.

Do you complain to the grocery store when they raise prices?

They just pass along the prices they are charged.

No different here.

0 Likes
Charges for on demand
GJD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't believe we now have to pay to see old on demand series episodes, wish I did not just renew. I guarantee this is my last contract renewal after about 17 years with verizon, time to start streaming..
Verizon is now gouging its customers for this very expensive service. Just signed up for Netflix and it is a far better deal than FIOS. Time to tell everyone and begin bringing attention to this issue on social media and other outlets. I feel betrayed and as if I am being gouged !

tv shows on demand
cpm920

how come so many tv shows on demand are no longer free, I used to be able to access so many shows on demand, now I have to pay, I am considering changing services

0 Likes
Re: tv shows on demand
jonjones1
Legend

@cpm920 wrote:

how come so many tv shows on demand are no longer free, I used to be able to access so many shows on demand, now I have to pay, I am considering changing services

Blame the higher re-transmission rates that broadcasters are asking for.

verizon like cable companies need to keep raising the rates to customers. The customers are sick of the constant price increases, the customers then drop Verizon and cable and satellite services and bingo the vicious cycle continues.

quite a few years ago when I had cable the price for 15/1 internet and cable tv with dvr function was $60 complete. After next year it was $89, then $106, and I told my wife if it raises again I am going to get rid of it. For the record I do not have Fios tv, just internet. After the price went up to $189 a month, subtract $35 for internet and you see where all the money is going to. I went up and cancelled the tv. Big savings.

i then went and got DirectTVNOW at $35 with no taxes or surcharges and 164 stations with free HBO. I just said enough.

0 Likes
Chuck325
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was looking to Comcast as an alternative but they charge for episode too.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Chuck325 wrote:

I was looking to Comcast as an alternative but they charge for episode too.

An issue that a number of people fail to accept.

0 Likes