Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Latest is that now Verizon is even charging for new episodes. What a fraud this company is. 

Im going to again write to the attorney general. This cannot be legal. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
ArchNME
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do others see dollar signs on the first two seasons of Outlander on STARZ? 

When did that start?  

My wife was watching season 2 for free on Friday.  Is this right?  I have 30 days to cancel.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before you drop and go to another provider, you may want to check to see if the charges are the same on that provider.

In most, if not all cases, these charges are coming from the content provider, not the cable company.

0 Likes
Video On Demand - Charges for regular series TV
CMY1

So why is that we are now being charged to watch old tv series from regular network tv on VOD when we have never been charged for this before. We are paying to watch regular series TV with our service - so if we missed an episode or the DVR didn't catch it because football ran over, why should there be a charge? Can someone explain this to me. When I called customer care they did not understand the question and explained that was in the past and now there is a charge.??????

0 Likes
Re: Video On Demand - Charges for regular series TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a rather lengthy thread on this subject.

In most cases (can't say all have been checked), it is the content provider that is pushing the charge through. And it has been found that other cable providers have similar charges.

0 Likes
ArchNME
Enthusiast - Level 1

So Verizon allows the networks to use their billing system and they don't receive a cut of the money.  Please, tell me another fairytale.  I don't buy it.  Let's us see the wording in the contract.  I think they're not tell the whole story.  

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ArchNME wrote:

So Verizon allows the networks to use their billing system and they don't receive a cut of the money.  Please, tell me another fairytale.  I don't buy it.  Let's us see the wording in the contract.  I think they're not tell the whole story.  

In some cases they get some money, but in many cases its part of the contract to carry a channel or multiple channels.  They may get a small admistrative fee from the channel provider.  And in all case we know of its a requirement of the channel provider.  And its the same over over all the Cable and Satellite companies.

Re: Charge for last TV episode of Chicago Med
BurtonSnowboard
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel like fios follows what you are watching, then makes you pay for episodes. I am completely upset about paying for on demand TV. Fios is already expensive, now that you have to pay for shows, iet's upsetting. 

Re: Verizon "On Demand" should be renamed "Buy to Watch".
BurtonSnowboard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely agree! I am looking into other ways to have TV without the huge price tag and paying for cable, AND shows I watch to watch.

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

It’s called fraud and double charging. 

This is beyond outrageous. 

I forogt Blacklist was beginning and they are charging for the first show of 2018. 

Im being double charged to watch NBC. 

Verizon Support on Twitter says it’s the network. Wouldn’t you think the network would want you to watch their show?

I refuse to pay for this fraud so I’m giving up shows that do this and as soon as I move Sling/Hulu/Netflix here I come. I’m done. 

0 Likes