Re: Video On Demand - Charges for regular series TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most networks all you to watch previous episodes on their app for free.

CBS not only charges for some on demand episodes, they charge to see them on their app.

Unfortunately, contract does not guarantee on demand.

0 Likes
ZDM1197
Enthusiast - Level 3

THIS IS A an abject JOKE !....paying for ON Demand programming wtahc we could have just watch fro FREE a week prior..I went to watch On Demand episodes of "RIDE" and I had to pay for them...same with Discovery Sci episodes..WEought not be paying for ANY cable channle On Demand episodes from any channel unless it's a movie...But .Verizon dosen't care..I've complained..but they refuse to address the issue...So..SOME FYI  NOW you can get nearly ALL the same programming channels you get here through Verizon  thru ROKU, PLAYSTATION, etc..and it's $100s cheaper..I'm not kidding..buy your own router, a ROKU cable box..which is ridiculously cheap...nad your set..Sure you'll miss a few channels....in fact you can now get Hallmark channels which my wife loves....So soon well before our contract runs out, we'll be cancelling our Verizon contract and going thru ROKU which we have now for NetFlicks a Hulu...

Soon, the cable companies will be **bleep** and be MADE to compete for our $$$...right now our Verizon contract is $160 and change per month, with ROKU, PLAYSTATION  etc..it would be around $60 bucks....plus router cost and you'll need to find a phone hook up, internet but we're eliminating the phone by using our cell..Listen to this, we left Verizon 2 years ago to go with Comcast, Comcast made us BUY our phone number back from them so we could give it to Verizon when we changed our our cable service back to Verizon...Looking back I thought Comcst was a RIP OFF...we were w/ Verizon for 13 years, before leaving  for Comcast for the last 2yrs, just to try something new...at least we got On Demand for FREE...all the channels like TNT, FX, FXM, TCM, AMC, Discovery..all free, now we have to pay for On Demand episodes thru Verizon, Verizon isn't the great cable company we left a few years ago, not nearly....but now we have found alternatives  thru ROKU, PLAYSTATION HULU, NETFLIX and others for less than half the cost !!

Soon the cable companies will start to feel the pinch....already we have 20 -30 folks in our neighborhood ho have gone this route...savings are huge !

We're next,  see you later VERIZON SHYSTER gators ! 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon is not the only provider that has on demand for a fee. Most if not all of these charges are passed through from the content provider.

I have seen some shows confirmed that the same episodes are for fee on other providers as well. Verizon lumps them together so it can be confusing vs other providers.

And I would check that the streaming services either have access to on demand programming (I assume you are looking at on demand because you missed original airing) or content provider apps.

0 Likes
Paying to watch shows that are ONDEMAND??
Melissa781

Does anyone else find this completely ridiclous?  I just want to  catch up on a few epidoses of a show on CH 6 & they want me to PAY???  I already pay for OnDemand, why should I pay for these shows? 

0 Likes
Re: Paying to watch shows that are ONDEMAND??
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

It is absurd. 

Verizon says it’s the networks so my solution is that I am giving up all shows that Verizon and the networks think they can double charge me for. 

There’s an an old saying in the stock market:  Bulls and bears make money, little piggies make none. 

0 Likes
sittingbull1
Enthusiast - Level 1

i love the internet but this tv user interface is less than bad!!! and i have to pay for on demand shows has forced me to not watch my tv at all. even with DVR i cant be boothered. i miss comcast TV. 😞 

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I miss the old Verizon. It used to be great. 

Im moving out of NY this year so looking forward to just doing the Sling or whatever they have. 

Done with being double charged. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do any of the streaming services even offer on demand? Or access to content provider apps?

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

You can watch what you want when you want and they don’t double charge to do so. 

Verizon is double charging and I’ll soon be rid of it. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Many Sling TV channels offer a selection of movies or TV shows to watch on demand. The availability of episodes, however, can be inconsistent from one show to the next. You can’t rely on this feature as your only way to catch-up on a series. (The one exception is premium channels like HBO and Cinemax, which offer their entire series catalogs on demand.)

I'll bet the episodes that aren't available are the same ones you would see for a fee on FiOS and other cable providers.

0 Likes