Re: Paying to watch shows that are ONDEMAND??
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Doubtful and at least I’d know upfront instead of being lied to about OnDemand being free. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@MJNY wrote:

Doubtful and at least I’d know upfront instead of being lied to about OnDemand being free. 

I use DirectTVNOW and view 165+ stations for $35 (this promo may be gone) they have on demand and soon will have unlimited cloud dvr service. There are no taxes or below the line fees Verizon & cable companies like to add to your bill.

i can highly recommend DirectTVNOW. I dropped cable years ago because of the high costs $165 just for tv. Now $35 a huge savings of $130 per month

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you. I’m moving to NC soon and I will definitely look at DirectTv too. 

I had a Verizon cell phone for one month and immediately switched to AT&T and love it. 

Verizon is no longer doing a good job in any of their services now. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Loupielou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Paying for on demand is ridiculous. I pay a large amount of money for my bundle, my internet signal is terrible and I have the extender and greatest speed upgrade... now I have to pay 1.99 or more for networks that I already pay for to see reruns?!! I keep being told to go back to comcast(xfininty) and I am seriously thinking about doing that. I may even pay more money to break the contract. I’ll probably still save money. 

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon has made a lot of unhappy customers with their double charging. 

Ill bet bet they are losing a lot of customers. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Loupielou wrote:

Paying for on demand is ridiculous. I pay a large amount of money for my bundle, my internet signal is terrible and I have the extender and greatest speed upgrade... now I have to pay 1.99 or more for networks that I already pay for to see reruns?!! I keep being told to go back to comcast(xfininty) and I am seriously thinking about doing that. I may even pay more money to break the contract. I’ll probably still save money. 

Find an episode that Verizon has for a fee on demand.

I assume you have friends on Comcast. Ask them if Comcast has the same episode for free.

From the times I have compared, they are for fee on Comcast as well.

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

At this point you should probably compare with Sling, Hulu and Netflix because that’s the up and coming competition.  

At this point Verizon is a dinosaur on their way out. 

Guess thats why why they are so desperate to steal from their customers. 

SineNomine1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon now charges for VOD titles, only some episode will be free.  This is not how VOD was advertised.  Verizon has an option—they could negotiate to provide the content to its customers.  But, Verizon hasn’t done this and when I’ve complained and been told someone will contact me, no one does. I’ve been willing to pay the premium to have Verizon, but DirectTVNOW plus Netflix will probably be better than my FiOS HD service and cost less than half.  

At this point, FiOS customers should voice their upset with their feet and their dollars, it’s clear paying for VOD titles on FiOS, Spectrum, Comcast isn’t going to change—the providers are siding with the “cable-free” subscribers.  It’s just business.  If mobile phone providers could make your landline more expensive to encourage out of the landline market, they would do what the content providers are doing. 

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

DirectTvnow sounds like a good plan. 

Was supposed to receive a refund from Verizon wireless and just found out that I was lied to. 

Could Verizon get any sleazier?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Isn't VOD on streaming services limited or not available?

As for watching shows on Netflix, aren't they typically delayed by months after they appear on cable? Juat like seeing movies at a discount theater. Yes you can see them, just have to wait a while.

0 Likes